Chapter One

It was the break of dawn and Princess Alora was already up and getting dressed. Today was the ceremony, where Alora would get her appointed knight. The thought of it made her blood boil. She didn't want some boy who thought he was the most skilled to be protecting her. She had heard that a Gerudo was able to make their way up to the top five. It was quite impressive, a Gerudo knight has never really been an appointed knight for the royal family. If they did win, it would be extremely impressive. 

Alora had slipped on an elegant white dress with glossy gold patterns on the collar and sleeves of the dress. Nothing special. Alora sat down in front of her mirror and sighed softly to herself. She hated wearing dresses or anything royal, it didn't feel like her. But due to today's occasion, she thought it would be rude not to wear it.

Once Alora had finished prepping herself. She headed to the main hall where breakfast was being served. The princess opened the heavy metal doors to the room and made her way to the dining table.

"Good morning." Her mother said cheerfully. Alora responded with a good morning and took her seat. Next to her brother, Prince Ceon. The Maids brought in trays of food. Alora fixed her posterior before the trays were set down in front of her. Link took his seat next to his wife and daughter. Smiling happily at his daughter and took the lids off of the trays. Link and Ceon immediately dove in. Zelda and Alora took their time, enjoying the meal that had been presented to them. To Link and Ceon it was like a race, a race to get hiccups first. 

After breakfast, Alora headed to the courtyard where the champions and warriors were at. The warriors were training and the champions were talking amongst themselves. Alora approached the champions and greeted them.  "Afternoon my flower! How are you doing?" Urbosa asked as she turned her attention to the princess. Alora was about to respond before noticing a younger Gerudo behind her, a Gerudo her own age. "U-Um...I'm fine!" Still a little bit distracted by the Gerudo behind Urbosa. Urbosa shifting her weight and resting her hand on her hip and began speaking to Revali, who had seemed annoyed about something. Link had called Urbosa and Daruk to help him get the weapons to the arena, they both abolished and followed him to the area. Alora only caught a quick glimpse of the warrior. She was gorgeous. Long red hair, dark green eyes, like a normal Gerudo. But the moment she looked at her in the corner of her eye. She spotted a hint of bright pink. But immediately vanished once she looked away. It honestly took Alora a few seconds to take in what had just happened. She wasn't like the rest. Obviously.

After a while of Alora hanging around Mipha and Revali, she decided to get a closer look at the competition. She made her way to the practicing area where only four of the warriors were training. The Gerudo was still back with Mipha and Revali. The hylians had noticed that the princess was walking towards them so they decided to get more aggressive with each other to show that their powerful and strong. Alora didn't find this very appealing so she went back.

"Didn't see anything you liked?"

Alora had nearly screamed before realizing the Gerudo warrior was right in front of her. The girl's voice had caught her off guard. She seemed to have a soft but deep voice. Rather confusing for Alora due to the Gerudo's appearance.

"Uh no. I just wanted to see how they were doing." Alora responded, lowering her head.

The Gerudo nodded and patted her head. Ruffling her hair up a bit and walking to the hylians. Alora huffed at annoyance. Zelda came down to the courtyard to say hello to her good friends and spend some time talking to them. Ceon was following behind her. Alora smiled, Ceon doesn't usually go around other people. He was born deaf so ever since he learned to walk, he's barely socialized with the world. Zelda picked up Ceon and held him close as she excused herself. Zelda made her way to her daughter who was trying to fix her hair at least a tad bit.