Chapter 2

The next morning Regulus was exhausted. He had gotten very little sleep the night before. Every time he tried to sleep thoughts of his brother rushed in and so Regulus spent most of the night reading.

Regulus still wasn't that hungry after the feast the night before so he asked one of his dorm mates who was still in the room to grab his timetable for him and he decided to take a walk on the grounds.

It wasn't that cold but the cool morning air definitely woke Regulus up. As he headed back inside to grab his bag for his first class he saw that everyone leaving the great hall was soaking wet. He quickly scanned the crowd looking for the person who was supposed to have his timetable. "Hey what happened?" Regulus asked as he rushed up to his dorm mate.

"Damn marauders of course." the Slytherin said as he gave Regulus his time table.

"Oh yeah makes sense." Regulus scanned his schedule and saw he had transfiguration first.

"Okay well I've got to go grab my bag see you later." Regulus called out as he ran to his common room to grab his things.  

By the time everyone was completely dry Regulus was in his second class arthimancy. Arthimancy manly had Ravenclaw students in it which was normal. Regulus was one of only two Slytherins, there was also one Hufflepuff and two Gryffindors. When Regulus walk into class the first thing he noticed was who the two Gryffindors were, Remus Lupin and Lily Evans. Regulus groaned and sat on the other side of the classroom with the other Slytherin a girl who he had seen around but never learned her name and he intended to keep it this way.

By the end of class Regulus remembered why he loved Arthimancy so much and had almost  almost forgotten that one of the marauders and a girl a different marauder liked was in this class. Almost.

The rest of the day went smoothly as he took a nap during history of magic (relying on Timothy to take notes.) And nearly got his finger bitten of by a plant in herbology. Overall he thought it a pretty good first day back.

After Regulus finished all his homework he had gotten that day which wasn't a lot sense it was the first day he sat in his dorm and thought about what to do about Sirius. 'I mean we are living in the same place It's not like I won't run into him.'  By dinner time he still hadn't decided what to do about his annoying disowned brother.

during dinner while everyone was keeping an eye out for the marauders (so that they could leave before getting soaked or worse) Regulus was keeping an eye out for just Sirius. During the walk to dinner he had decided that if he saw his brother he would talk to him or at least tell him he was an idiot for leaving.

Sadly he did not run into Sirius but he did run into someone else literally.

"Oh um I'm sorry, I should have been paying attention where I was going." Regulus had just been looking the other way saying goodbye to Timothy as he headed to the library to finish his homework and Regulus headed back to the common room.

"Um yeah its fine I should have also been looking." Regulus then looked up shocked to see that it was James Potter that he had ran into. "Potter?!"

James looked up grabbing the last piece of parchment he had dropped. "Oh um Regulus um how was your summer?"

Regulus wanted to strangle James. It had been at his  house that Sirius had run away to. "Don't act like we're friends Potter! Also tell my filthy traitor of a brother that mother finally disowned him, he should be happy about that!" Regulus was so mad he pushed James down one more time before storming off to the common room while James fell back on the floor shocked by the conversation he just had.

When Regulus got back to his dorm he felt weird and not the way he should have felt just having yelled at James Potter and shoving him down. Of course he was upset that he had lost his temper. When your a Black you have to learn quickly not to show any emotions at all and to control your temper. Sirius was never very good at this but Regulus had pretty much mastered it. But when he saw James face he felt almost nervous and something else, something he didn't know and so he just got angry. Now for some reason he felt sad as though he had just gotten into a fight with his best mate rather then the random kid that he hated. Now he felt like he wanted to cry but Regulus knew better then that if he ever cried in front of his parents he would probably have to go live with Sirius.

Once Regulus had calmed down He realized what he had just said to James 'Don't act like we're friends Potter! Also tell my filthy traitor brother that mother finally disowned him, he should be happy about that!' had he really just told James Potter his brothers best friend to tell his brother that his parents had disowned him. 'Oh I'm fucked' Regulus knew there was nothing he could do now Sirius would know by the end of the night what happened when he left.

Hey I was going to post this over the weekend but I just finished chapter 3 so I thought why not just post it now. I hope you enjoyed it and I will probably post chapter 3 on Sunday!