•𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬•

Luna's POV

I woke up in the morning, on the same couch I fell asleep on while reading last night.

I checked the time. Seven thirty.

Jumping off the couch in panic, I scrambled towards the bathroom to wake myself up with a splash of cold water to the face.

The morning was off to an amazing start, note the sarcasm.

My back was hurting from the uncomfortable position I slept in and I didn't even have time for a shower.

This wasn't going to be a good day.

I quickly drank my coffee while choosing an outfit.
I settled for a simple combination of black jeans and black sweater- there wasn't much time to find anything decent anyway.

To make it a bit nicer, I decided to wear red boots and my red leather jacket.

After confirming in the mirror that I looked, in fact, somewhat alive, I quickly did my eyeliner and dabbed some concealer under my eyes. This would have to do.

I brushed my hair quickly, grabbed my bag and ran out the door, scrambling to my car in panic.

By some miracle, I made it to school on time- with only five minutes to spare before class started.

The only people who came later than I did were the Cullens.

I expected nothing less- somehow vampires always had perfect timing.

When Varner announced a pop quiz, I thanked my lucky stars that I woke up when I did. I didn't want to miss my first quiz in this school and get on his bad side.

Even though I didn't need good grades to get into college, flunking high school wasn't on my to-do list.

Luckily, the quiz was easy- my vampires taught me well.

When I finished, I took some time to look around. Most of the people were still on their third or fourth problem, so I decided to wait a few minutes before turning my paper in.

Seeing several people put their papers on the teacher's desk, I got up and put mine into the pile.

I sat back in my chair and thought about my future education- I couldn't wait to finally study what I love, even though I would have to wait several years before I could finally do it.

I knew I couldn't really pursue a career in art or music- being a vampire, you can't draw much attention to yourself.

If people noticed I wasn't aging, they would ask questions. That would put my whole family at risk. I sighed, shaking myself out of my thoughts and got up as the bell rang.

Since I had a free period next, I left the school and sat down by a nearby tree in the backyard, taking my jacket off to allow the scorching sun rays to caress my skin. I missed the Italian weather- the sun was out all the time and if I wanted to catch a few rays, I would go out to the castle's garden, meandering aimlessly between the flowerbeds. The garden was probably what I missed the most. I would go there when I needed some peace and quiet, sitting on a swing for hours, reading a book or drifting off to sleep in the scarce shade of pine trees.

I decided to call my parents- it was around 5 pm back in Italy, so I knew I wouldn't wake them up.

After a few rings, my mom picked up.

"Hi love, how have you been?"
I smiled at her happy tone.

"I've been good, Forks is treating me well." I said, my fingers playing with a strand of grass.