V. LONESOME LETTERS

Start from the beginning

"Everyone into their sleeping bags!" Percy Weasley shouted. "Come on, now, no more talking! Lights out in ten minutes!"

"Isn't it crazy there might be a serial killer in the castle?" Dawn mentions, eyes widened to both her friends. "I know I feel scared but I'm absolutely excited. I feel like we should all out there and try fight him-"

"You're an absolute psycho. I really wanna know where you get that from." Colleen says.

"My mum can be pretty crazy." Dawn grins.

"Your mum folds her clothes in order of the colours of the rainbow." Colleen rolls her eyes. "She isn't crazy."

Their conversation was cut short when Harry, Hermione and Ron all lay their sleeping bags down.

"Do you mind if we sit?" Hermione asked, "It's all full everywhere else."

"Sure." Dawn mentions, and all of them end up in a circle. "How do you lot feel about this?"

"Not good. Do you think Black's still in the castle?" Hermione whispered to them all.

"Dumbledore obviously thinks he might be." Ron says.

"It's very lucky he picked tonight, you know." Hermione mentions, and Dawn looks at her in confusion. "We usually spend all the time in the common room. That's where he was spotted. The one night we weren't in the tower..."

"Aren't we lucky we spend all our time in the kitchens?" Dawn tells her two friends who nod. "We were in the kitchens having ice cream, thank Merlin he wasn't looking for a snack...."

Harry laughed at her. "You got lucky."

"Very lucky."

Ron shivers. "I reckon he's lost track of time, being on the run. Didn't realise it was Halloween. Otherwise he'd have come bursting in here."

Dawn shuddered, "Scary."

All around them, people were asking one another the same question: "How did he get in?"

"There's always apparation." Dawn shrugged. "Maybe he knows how. They say he was in Gryffindor, maybe that's why he went to the common room. Maybe he came in by a broom but then the dementors should have caught him."

"There's got to be some way he came in but I can't think of it." Drew tells them all.

"You need to put your Ravenclaw thinking cap on." Dawn winks.

Hermione sighs. "Honestly, am I the only person who's ever bothered to read Hogwarts, A History?"

"Probably," Ron answers. "Why?"

"Because the castle's protected by more than walls, you know. There are all sorts of enchantments on it, to stop people entering by stealth. You can't just Apparate in here. And I'd like to see the disguise that could fool those Dementors. They're guarding every single entrance to the grounds. They'd have seen him fly in too. And Filch knows all the secret passages, they'll have them covered!"

"Clearly not," Harry mentions. "Everyone knows Black somehow got into Hogsmeade last week and back without being caught."

Dawn glances up slightly at this before looking over towards the Slytherin's who were all huddled together in the corner. Her eyes hesitantly scanned around for the named black haired Slytherin boy, and she made a face when she didn't see him.

Or his two friends he was always with.

"Speaking of Black, where is he?" Dawn asks, not that she cared but more curiously