eight

"So he's bald. And his eyes? What color are they?"

"I think... brown. Maybe dark green."

Angel went through her pencils and got out a dark green one, holding it up. "Something like this?"

Dom nodded and looked down at the paper, where Angel had made a sketch of one of the persons Dom kept seeing in the room.

It was Angel's idea to do something like this; she thought that maybe, if she's draw the people and they'd burn the papers together, they would stop appearing. Because it once started out of nowhere, so they should be able to end it too.

It was funny how Dom had be placed back in Angel's room again, after the nurse had found them both calmly talking when he came to check on them. That made him realize that maybe the two of them together in one room wasn't so bad.

"Okay," Angel mumbled as she colored in the eyes carefully. Once it was done, she leant back against Dom's chest and stared at it too. She was sitting in between Dom's legs, on his bed, her back pressed against his chest.

"And his skin color?" Angel asked, waiting for Dom to search the right pencil for it. He indeed brought his hand towards her pencil case and started going through the different pencils, searching for the color that fit the best.

"This one," Dom eventually said, handing over the pencil to Angel, who nodded and started coloring the face. Dom's hands moved down to her legs and he gently stroked his hands up and down while he was watching her draw.

"Does it look like him?" Angel asked Dom as she was still coloring the skin. Dom hummed as a yes, which made Angel turn around and look up at him.

"If you want to stop, tell me okay?"

Dom shook his head. "I just want to fucking burn it."

It made Angel giggle and she held his face with one hand, squeezing it a little as she brought it closer to hers to kiss his lips. It seemed to surprise him; as their lips hadn't touched anymore ever since that morning before she left his room, but he definitely liked kissing her again.

Dom scrunched up his nose and let a smile form across his face. Angel turned back towards the drawing and pressed her back against his chest, but she felt how he rested his head on hers and wrapped his arms around her waist.

His arms never left her waist as Angel finished the drawing, and even when she drew the second one as there was always two people Dom saw, he didn't change positions.

"You wanna burn it now?"

Angel held up the drawings so they both could take a good look. She waited for Dom to answer, but when he didn't she turned around, which forced him to finally let her go.

He sighed. "What if they don't go?"

His always soft hair had fallen in front of his face again, and Angel brushed it back. "That's a possibility. But we can always try, right?"

"But will you-" Dom trailed off, sighing again as he looked down. "Will you be with me if they come back?"

Angel had no idea how Dom trusted her so much; after just a few days. It made her feel safe too for a reason. She hadn't even told him yet, but ever since Dom stayed in her room, she hadn't had one anxiety attack.

"Don't worry about that."

-

Even Angel felt empty after they had burned the drawings. They hadn't gotten a chance to talk about it either, as therapy was right after that. Only three hours later, when Angel walked back into their room exhausted, she could see Dom again.