Fourteen: JOOHYUK

En başından başla

"Ho-leeey shit. Found her." We followed Subin's gaze across the room to the end of the bar. There was Anna/Yoona, standing on top and wearing Subin's ridiculous hat. She held hands with a girl who wore a sparkly crown and a veil. They waved their arms up over their heads as they swung their hips side to side along to the music.

"Omoo, she's really into it," Stephanie said, laughing.

Suin cupped his hand around his mouth and yelled, "An-na! Woo!"

We watched until the song was over and the red light dimmed. Everyone climbed down from the bar. Yoona bounded over to us, the pom-pom on the top of the hat wiggling as she made her way through the crowd. "Did you see me?"

"Yoona is out to play," Suzy said, tugging on the hat strings. Yoona's eyes widened.

"Hey, this girl wants to meet you." She grabbed Subin's hand and pulled him along. His face twisted with confusion but he laughed as they sliced their way through the chaos.

"Guess that is his lucky hat," I said.

"Hyuk," someone said, putting hand on my shoulder. My parents. I'd almost forgotten they were here.

"We're heading out. Need any help loading up?" Abeoji asked.

Eomeoni clung to his arm, a big smile on her face as she took in the atmosphere. Her eyes landed on Suzy's shirt, then she looked between the two of us and smiled.

"Are you the Suzy who designed the logo?"

Suzy lowered her eyes and laughed. "Guilty."

"Love it, and Joohyuk's hair, too."

Did she have to mention the hair?

"Thanks."

"Make sure you settle things with Jas. He was looking for you. See you at home." They waved as they made their way to the front and out of the bar.

"Dude, maube we should go break down, before Anna starts dancing on the bar again. I don't feel like having anyone question her about her ID. Know what I mean?" Jisoo said.

Once the car was loaded, we went back inside to Jasper's office.

"There you are," Jas said, taking out bright orange ear plug as he pushed away from the desk on his rolling chair. "Once that techno shit starts playing I have to put these in. Gotta do what brings 'em in, though."

It was the first time he'd said anything that reminded me that he was my parent's age. "Yeah."

"Samsan." He stood up and handed me the cash. I flipped through the bills, and counted 220,000 won.

"There's too much here," I said, handing back a few wons. He held up his hand.

"We did great tonight, consider it a bonus. Are you guys up for a date in May?"

"Hell yeah," I said.

"Cool, I'll put you down - second week. Hey, did you ever see this?"

He waved us over to the wall of pictures. Jisoo and I stood before it, scanning the photos.

"Recognize anyone?"

"That's Abeoji," I said, pointing to their band picture. The five of them stood in various poses, leaning against a brick wall. Abeoji was shirtless under a denim jacket and tight pants. I'd seen pics from his band days, but not this one. He was so thin, and looked bored, but in a determined way - if I didn't know him I would have assumed he was pretty badass.

"Is that, wait -" Jisoo pointed at a picture again. I knew eomeoni had hung out with the band, she and abeoji talked about it from time to time, but I'd never seen pics of her. Especially with Jasper.