New Adventures Part 13

It was a short step to the bed but Hye-won still had time to blurt: 'honey, you know what, I've changed my mind - maybe I will have that beer after all, hmm?'

His laugh was hugely confident, though he halted his stride: 'my darling, that's so lame.  Surely, you can come up with a better delaying tactic than that - for that is what that is, right?'  

A cheeky thought occurred to him: 'we are performers so, of course, we should discuss our performances  - all of them...no?'

His drawling tone and hugely amused smile were so attractive, that she let her head fall back against his strong bicep holding her and met his eye bravely: 'ok, I'll agree to talk about my...performing...but you, my beautiful boy, should be careful - I'm not the only...performer...in this family.'

He had been smirking, in appreciation of her defiance but the last word that slipped from her mouth hit them both like a dropped bomb, her as much as him.  She frowned and bit her lip, not exactly sure why speaking that word aloud made her feel shy.  It's like speaking the word aloud has magical powers, almost.  His face became pensive until he murmured - this family - liking the feelings that phrase provoked.  

He saw in her emotional expression that she had pierced her own armour more than his and knew the best way to restore her equanimity, quickly.   He dropped his mouth close to her ear and said, 'so, that makes us a family of performers then, is that it?'

It worked perfectly, drawing a spluttering laugh, as she lifted her bent arm to cover her face with an agonised moan of embarrassment, that had him walk to sit on the edge of the bed, her recumbent form in his arms.  She felt the movement and peeped from under her arm, causing Seon-jae to laugh out loud at such play-acting.

'My love, you stood in front of a sold-out audience tonight and you were...I'm struggling to find a better description than...hot.  Oh no, I've thought of one, on fire.'  

This close to his chest, his chuckles were running through her and having a strong effect on her determination to remain aloof.  He teased again: 'and now here with just me, you can't show your face.  How do you explain that, my sexy soul-mate?'

She lowered her arm and waited a moment, before saying, 'ok, sexy soul-mate, go on then - tell me about my performance tonight,' the emphasis firmly on the last word, as she lifted her chin and met his eyes.

Still with his arms around her, he settled himself a little and then met her gaze, frankly.

'Ok, if you're sure.'

Her eyes were still wary but she also nodded her assent.  That's my fierce woman, right there.  Smiling again, he told the story of her performance.

---

'Well, when you and Ciara left the rehearsal room to perform, we followed and stood - hidden from the audience - to watch, so I got a perfect view - from the back

'Well, when you and Ciara left the rehearsal room to perform, we followed and stood - hidden from the audience - to watch, so I got a perfect view - from the back.  And that view - wa - wow - I'm still in shock, to be honest.'