also drink lots of water

the members bought me a cake but yours was cuter :D

hey how are you?

you must be tired haha
sent 5:12pm

"He must be busy." She mumbles, trying her best to not overthink. She doesn't want to seem desperate, but she just wants to know if he's alive. She is definitely worried, and a part of her couldn't help but feel that something is very off.

"Who?" Jaehyun asks, not looking up from his phone. "Your soulmate?"

"Yeah, he hasn't replied to any of my messages, or even seen them." She tells him.

"Maybe he's ignoring you." He suggests, looking over at her. She clicks her tongue at the thought. "He's an asshole isn't he?"

"Yah!" She scolds.

"You were the one who said it." He argues back. Jaein rolls her eyes.

"I can say that cause he's my soulmate."

"Pfft fine." He looks back to his phone. "The soup was nice by the way." He brings up.

"Did everyone have it?" She asks. She had felt Renjun's hangover, though it wasn't that bad at all, it may have effected him way more than she felt.

"Yeah most of them did, even if they didn't need it." He answers, Jaein nods, it didn't give her full confirmation, but it's better than nothing. "Did you reject the collab offer?"

"You know about that?" She put down her phone. The silence becoming more significant.

"Yeah I was informed about the collab a while ago, and they said they'll let me know whether it's going forward or not. Today they said it isn't happening." He explains. Jaein feels bad about it, she was selfish for only thinking about herself, and not thinking about the fun she might have had working with him.

"I'm sorry." She blurts. "It wasn't because of you...well it was but--"

"It's fine, I get it. You don't want to be known for being my sister." He says, turning to her. He's right, though it sounds bad coming out of his mouth. "And I don't want that for you either."

"I think we should still do a song together, sometime in the future, when people can stop comparing us." She suggests. They had a song together when they were kids, it was a song that Jaein had made, Jaehyun helping as well. They never had the chance to showcase it, and it would be super embarrassing if they did it anyways, but if they change up some bits, it won't be too bad.

"Yeah. We should." He agrees. "I think we should get going." He says, looking at the time. Jaein nods before opening the car door, making her way to the polished wooden door. She knocks, sucking in a breath. The door opens to her mother, looking delighted to see her.

"Jaein!!! Happy birthday!" Her mum, Hyejin exclaims, pulling Jaein into a hug.

"Thank you for giving birth to me mum." Jaein hugs her back. Hyejin pulls away, placing her hands onto Jaein's face.

"I can't believe you're 20! It feels like yesterday when you were still wearing diapers...you still have that nice baby skin. A family gene you should be proud of." Her mother says examining all sides of she face. "Jae-soon, come say hi to your daughter!" Hyejin yells, getting her husbands attention.