chapter 24

"Good news! We're going to the opera!" Exclaimed Mr. Harrington to the teenagers that were gathered in the lobby. All of them were accessorized with colorful glow sticks for the carnival of light, which they were originally planning to attend.

"Opera?" They all questioned. Peter and Luna turned to each other. 

"Don't look at me." Mr. Dell shook his head as he pointed at himself.

"What happened to the carnival?" MJ interrogated. 

"Oh, this is upgrade living, guys. Come on. The tour company just gave us these tickets! For free!" Mr. Harrington smiled.

Ned glanced at Peter, then Luna who stood just behind his seat. They nodded quickly, confirming his suspicion that this was a part of their plan.

"Do you have any idea how much opera tickets cost?" Mr. Harrington continued. 

"No, because none of us have ever wanted to go to the opera... ever." Flash commented.

"Uh..." Ned spoke up. He took another glance in Peter and Luna's direction. "Well, I think this is going to be culturally enriching for us."

"Thank you, Ned. Everyone, this is going to be, maybe.. the best.." Mr. Harrington paused hesitantly. "..Four hours of our whole trip."

"Four hours?!" Everyone shouted. Their voices echoed throughout the lobby.

 "Guys, I think this is gonna be really fun, seriously!" Ned encouraged.

"Now, everyone, go get dressed appropriately, and meet back here in fifteen minutes. Let's go!" Mr. Dell instructed.

Everyone groaned and made their way back to their rooms to change.

Once everyone was back, they began their walk to the opera. They walked in between the many people on their way to the carnival in festive attire.

"I bet now you're all happy that I had you pack a nice outfit!" Spoke Mr. Harrington as he lead them through the crowd. 

"Yeah, because we'd much rather go to a four hour opera instead of the biggest party in the world!" Flash complained.

"Again, don't look at me." Repeated Mr. Dell. Peter and Luna glanced at each other. 

"Peter, you didn't listen to me earlier. I said I don't trust Mysterio. There's something off about him." Luna whispered.

"You're just saying that because he's new. I mean, no one really liked us when we first started." Peter stated. 

"Peter, it's not that." Luna stopped walking just in front of the entrance. She held Peter's shoulders, and pulled him aside as everyone entered the opera house. "There is something going on, and it's not about the elementals."

"Luna, just because you're struggling, doesn't mean you have to fight fire with fire." Peter shook his head. "Well— I mean— you are going to have to fight fire but that's not my point. Just quit stressing over it." Peter broke away from her, and walked inside.

Luna sighed, then pushed back her hair stressfully. 

"What's he doing, now? You know, he cheated on you. I saw him do it." Brad approached Luna and grabbed her arm.

Luna pulled herself away. "Forget it, Brad. The least of your worries right now, is what's going on with Peter and I. So stay out of it." She said angrily before walking in through the entrance.

"Okay, here we are." Mr. Harrington said quietly as they entered the dark room with only a few elderly women sitting in their seats. There was almost no one inside. "We beat the rush."