Chapter Nine: Robin Hood Complex

Start from the beginning

He pulled a gun out of his suit and the boys immediately freaked out. I freaked out a bit internally too, this was going to be a bad idea if he shot-

Then he dropped the gun on the floor.

The boys, as well as I, were extremely confused. Tommy lowered his nerf gun, taking his aim off of Corpse.

"What the fuck!" Tubbo gasped for air.

Corpse looked at him and cleared his throat, "So..."

"So?!" Tommy's eyes widened. "That's all you have to say?! So?!"

Corpse sat in the chair next to him, Tubbo's desk chair. We all stared at him, waiting for him to say something.

"I was hired to kill you, Tommy."

Instantly, Tommy pointed his gun back at Corpse, but he put his hands up once again, letting him know he wasn't done explaining.

"I was hired to kill you."

"Was?!" Tubbo coughed, "Bro, I don't think you understand how vague and scary you're being!"

Corpse continued, "I let go of the hit, I couldn't do it."

I was shocked, "Wait, when? Then why are you here? I thought you said-"

"Hold up, hold up, hold up." Tommy interrupted me. "Wait, why? And how much was it to kill me?"

Corpse shrugged, "I don't know, a couple million?"

Tommy gasped, "Millions?! Why didn't you-"

"I didn't know you were this young." Corpse said. "Look, I don't kill kids-"

"Kids!?"

"Oh, so you want me to kill you?"

"No, no, no, no, no." Tommy nodded his head, "No, yes, I'm definitely a child."

Corpse stood up from the chair, "But just because I let go of the job, doesn't mean it's over with. I'm just here to inform you you still have a bounty on your head."

The boys looked at each other, both their eyes were wide out of shock.

He handed Tubbo some money, "I am so confused." Tubbo said as he counted the bills.

"Just for you guys to get away for a bit, I don't know, get out of town." Corpse said. "Oh, and don't tell anybody you saw me- or her. Or I'll collect that bounty."

"Alright, alright!" Tommy agreed. "I know just the place we can go to, Wilbur's!"

"Yes!" Tubbo smiled, "They'll never find us there with him."

"Do we have a deal?" Corpse asked.

"Yes, we do." Tommy said, setting his nerf gun down. "Thank you mister-"

"Corpse."

Tommy then looked at me. "Reaper." I said.

"Thank you, Corpse and Reaper." Tommy said. "What a nice pair."

I blushed, I don't even know why. I just hope Corpse didn't notice.

They let us out through Tubbo's window and we climbed down to the ground as we were on the third floor of the place. We walked down the street, not wanting to leave each other yet.

"Robin Hood complex." I said, breaking the silence.

"What?"

"Yeah, you may be a 'bad guy' but you just try to help, don't you?" I asked.

"Yeah." Corpse replied. "I just want to help people, I've always wanted to."

We stopped walking, it was our time to part ways. "I just want to know why you told me something different, you could've just told me the real reason why you were here."

"Maybe I just wanted to dance with you, I don't know either." He said.

"I'm-"

He spoke before I could reply, "You're right, we should be friends."

"I'm so confused." I said, "I thought you worked alone-"

"Work alone, yes." He nodded. "Friends, well, I don't have too many of those either."

He handed me a crumbled paper, "I'll see you around." Then he walked away into the night.

I stood there for a minute then looked down at the paper.

It read:

u can always find me at a boba tea place or something idk

Corpse :)

I laughed, a note? So middle school, yet so charming.

A Boba Tea place, huh?

author's note:

hope this chapter wasn't too boring and actually sounded like the way it did in my head heh heh heh 😀

drunk among us tmrw omggg im excited 🤍 corpse has been talking about this for so long loll glad he finally convinced everyone :)🤍