As Baili Jia Jue watched this scene, his gaze deepened.

His rarely swayed emotions were raging in his heart at the moment, as if they were about to escape through his throat.

Almost instinctively, Baili Jia Jue applied a little force on his pale white skin right above his Adam's apple with his slender and cold finger. Only then did the pain on the outside seem to be balancing off the burning sensation inside of him.

After that, he withdrew his gaze on Helian Wei Wei steadily, and paced back and forth along the corridor.

Helian Wei Wei knew it would end like this. It was time to discuss about terminating the contract with him...

The night sky darkened.

Fire Qilin saw Baili Jia Jue and tried to figure out his look, "Master, you..."

Bang!

Even before Fire Qilin could finish its words, Baili Jia Jue's fist was already on the wall. For the past two days, he did nothing but wait for her to come once the sun set every single day.

And there she was, paying no attention to his words at all, again and again!

As the mist disappeared, Helian Wei Wei only got to enjoy two cups of tea with Jing Wushuang, while discussing about the disassembly of martial practice. Nonetheless, Helian Wei Wei did not reveal any of her secrets, as some things were meant to exist only in the modern future. If she ever spoke about it, it could possibly cause chaos.

It was indeed comfortable to be around Jing Wushuang. He must be the kind of person Master Yan Ruyu was talking about.

Helian Wei Wei was immersed in her own thoughts as she strolled toward the Inferior Compound.

The echoes of people's footsteps in the alley were always more vivid during the quiet nights.

Helian Wei Wei could hear the sound of footsteps following her. It stopped as she stopped too.

Helian Wei Wei guessed that it must be the Shadow that was sent away earlier.

She got all the way to the entrance, but suddenly noticed that the sound of footsteps had vanished.

Helian Wei Wei made a face. She hesitated before turning around and peeked into the distance. After confirming that no one was there in the alley, she narrowed her eyes, and turned around to push the door open. But before she even reached the door, a long, white robe was draped over her head.

Baili Jia Jue said with a cold tone, "You've really enjoyed yourself. It was so enjoyable that you couldn't care to come home."

Helian Wei Wei pulled on the robe, eager to uncover herself, but the other person was pinning her down onto the wall, "Do you believe that I will feed Qing Zhan to Qilin if you dare move even an inch."

Fire Qilin thought, ... Wait, I'm not a dog!

Helian Wei Wei froze. She could only fix her gaze on his long legs underneath that garment, and let Baili Jia Jue carry her into the room.

Nevertheless, Helian Wei Wei kept feeling like something was wrong.

It was he himself who said whatever that day.

Besides, he did not go around looking for his servant, instead, he was there to stop her from going anywhere. What was he really thinking?

Helian Wei Wei pondered, and pulled off the robe that was covering her. She then questioned, "Why are you here?"

"I waited for you for two days." Staring at her, Baili Jia Jue sounded cold.

Helian Wei Wei was confused when she heard this, "Waited for me for two days?"