"You've finally collected your wits." Helian Wei Wei pointed at the door frame in front of her and said, "Better be careful when you are walking so you can avoid the danger of disfiguring yourself."

Qing Zhan paused and replied, "Yes."

Helian Wei Wei yawned and her gaze slowly stopped on her, "If you are acting abnormally because of that Miss Yun who suddenly appeared today, you can save the fuss."

Qing Zhan never thought that she would hear the words "Miss Yun" from Helian Wei Wei's mouth!

She lifted her eyes in shock.

The princess consort already knows?

What does she know? To what extent?

Qing Zhan couldn't help but to admit that she panicked at that moment.

So...

"Princess consort, do not be too bothered by my elder sister. She is the past. Since His Highness chose you, he must have his own reasons." Qing Zhan's voice was calm. She was trying to say it calmly but she sounded slightly unconfident at the end.

Helian Wei Wei raised her brows and she suddenly smiled, "Seems like you have a pretty good relationship with her."

Qing Zhan did not see the depth in that smile. She was only thinking about the way she should utter her words to minimise the damage, "We were all death knights who followed His Highness around. Elder sister was already here when I entered the palace that year. She was the death knight who was protecting His Highness for the longest period of time. As the maid who took care of His Highness since he was a child, she knew a lot more than any of us on His Highness' habits and attitudes. His Highness also..." Qing Zhan paused and said, "His Highness had been treating her well too, but a fire destroyed everything. His Highness was badly injured. Everything changed after he woke up. Elder sister went missing and His Highness lost his martial Qi. Everyone was so emotional and grieved. We all thought that elder sister was dead but unexpectedly, she was still alive all this while. The only reason she didn't come back was because the Retired Emperor did not agree with her relationship with His Highness, so he never wanted to let her come back."

Helian Wei Wei was shocked, "So she was a death knight and she even had a relationship with Baili Jia Jue."

Qing Zhan went blank, "Princess consort, you didn't know?"

"Now I know." Helian Wei Wei looked at her with a smile on her face, "Thank you, Qing Zhan. It was very clear and precise."

"But, but just now..." Qing Zhan stuttered. She felt like she was tricked into talking. She thought that the princess consort knew everything or else why would she mention Miss Yun all of a sudden!

Helian Wei Wei was innocent, "I was guessing that you most probably knew Miss Yun, because the way you looked at her wasn't right. Whereas the other stories, I'll just take them as rumors ."

Rumors... so that's it?

Qing Zhan lifted her head and looked at Helian Wei Wei's face from time to time. She noticed that there were no changes in her expression whatsoever.

Qing Zhan was confused. Don't tell me that Helian Wei Wei is so fond of His Highness that she couldn't even notice the underlying meaning of my words.

Qing Zhan thought that she really should say it out under such circumstances, "Princess consort, elder sister is different from the others, she..."

"She is the one that His Highness cherishes the most." Helian Wei Wei interrupted steadily, "So who do you want to follow now? Do you want to leave and find her, or stay?"