Chapter 1: I PUT ON A FEW TRILLION EXTRA POUNDS

I don't own any characters, they all belong to Rick Riordan. All I own is some OC's and The plot line. Also read the third book before reading this and it will make more sense.

A/N: Quick note, this chapter is almost the exact same as Book 3 Chapter 17, but it has a twist to it and isn't written in Percy's POV only. Thanks and Enjoy

{------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------}

Percy POV

"Now" I said
Together, we charged

Thalia, Annabeth, Zoë, and I were on MT.Othyrus fighting for our lives to escape back to camp. Of course Artemis had to be saved, but since Atlas stood in front of me that came after beating him into the dirt. Of course that's what I thought at the time, but now that I'm looking back at it it was pretty stupid of me. As I charged in he gave out a chuckle and summoned his armor and full battle armor. I got the Beware from Zoë right before Atlas and I collided. Since I attacked him he was allowed to go full beast mode and destroy me if he wanted to.

I swung Riptide, and ended up into a wall thanks to Atlas's javelin. I groaned as I looked around seeing the walls of the palace rising brick by brick. Of course I groaned and cursed at myself about how stupid I was.

"Fool!" Atlas yelled in joy swatting Zoë's volley of arrows aside. " Did you think, simply because you could beat a puny war god, that you could actually fight me?"

I felt a sudden shudder at the mention of Ares and new something was wrong. Of course that didn't stop me as I charged. I wanted to get over to the pool Luke summoned to get my strength up. Atlas slashed at me using his javelin like a scythe. I tried to make a move to cut the javelin at the shaft. Key word, Tried. As soon as I tried to lift my sword to make the cut my arms failed me. My sword felt so heavy and my arms felt like lead, I knew that I wouldn't have enough time to jump back. As my life flashed before my eyes I remembered something; When you need it most, your sword will fail you. I swore as I knew Ares's curse was happening. I jumped back, but the javelin caught me in the chest and sent my flying. I slammed into the ground with a grunt. I saw that I was right in front of Artemis who was still holding the sky.

"Run, boy," she exclaimed gasping under the weight. "You can't win!"

Atlas was enjoying the time as he menacingly walked towards me. My sword was gone although it would still be useless. It didn't matter if I could raise it, by the time I would have I would be dead. I looked over to see Thalia fighting off Luke while Annabeth was struggling to get up.

"Die little hero" Atlas laughed as he raised his javelin.

"Stop!" Zoë yelled as more volleys of arrows sprouted from Atlas's armpit chink in his armor.

"ARGH" he screamed and turned toward Zoë, his daughter.

I reached into my pocket and felt Riptide in my pocket. I couldn't fight Atlas with the curse as I slowly brought it out of my pocket. As I did one of the lines from the quest's prophecy replayed in my head; The Titan's curse must one withstand. At that moment I knew what I had to do.

"With all due respect, will you give me the sky," I asked. "You do it so well I wanted to see if I could have a turn"

"No, boy," Artemis said. Her face was almost fully silver and was supper shiny from her sweat. "You don't know what you're asking for. It will crush you!"

"So?" I asked. "That hasn't stopped me before, besides Annabeth held it."

"She almost died from holding it for mere minutes, plus she has the spirit of a true huntress," she explained taking gasps of air. "You won't last long, boy."