after festival relaxing

this is completely platonic, and if any of you gremlins actually ship, please nothing uncomfortable. ranboo is a minor, and techno said he doesn't like the dad theories(and family/fanfics and general owo). so you guys can do whatever, just don't be nasty ig :)

also ima make ranboo 5'11 for now (when he hits 18 he'll grow rapidly to 6'6)and techno is 6'2(also ima say ranboo sleeps down in the crater where tommy was but it looks so much nicer because what tommy did was ugly af no one can lie)and this chapter will kinda be intoduction, so expect fluff a little later, definitely chapter two

 a03 (archiveofourown) 

          Today had been quite a long day for Ranboo. He watched his first home, if you could even call it that, be destroyed as his allies and 'enemies' raced around the demolition. He watched as the citizens of L'Manburg were countlessly and mercilessly brought down over and over. Ranboo doesn't think he even hit anyone, nor got hit by any players other than the withers. Even Jack was on the battlefield, although not being very wise doing so. After pretty much all the damage had been done, he riled up most of the pets that had surprisingly survived to his panic room. He did think about burning the book many times, but really coulden't bring himself to do it. Phil saved him from his spiraling emotions when he heard the man above ground calling his name. He was very thankful to Phil, he owed Phil, he really did. Yet the man just keeps being nice to him, even inviting him to live with Techno and himself. They strike up a conversation to try to lighten the mood. They speak of good memories, pets, Techno's dogs, how they had two more stacks of wither skulls, and the toxicity of the whole situation. As they made their journey through the Neather, then the thick snow, they approached the nice looking cottage/house he has been to a couple of times.

Phil showed him a little of what's new and let him know where he would live, that being the room Tommy once lived in. Of course everything was gone and it was just an empty room. Though Ranboo was a little skeptical at first, because Techno had mentioned that's where the traitor, Tommy, had lived. Phil had assured him that Techno did not see him as a traitor nor threat, and maybe him living there would help him forget about his old friend. As Ranboo was setting some of his stuff down and beginning to think about a way to make the room look nicer, Phil informed him that he needed to go back to L'manburg to gather everything left. While Phil climbed up the ladder, he told Ranboo that Techno should be home soon, so he wont be alone for long. Ranboo nodded, said goodbye, then continued to ponder the design of his new room.

He was eager to get started, tail swishing and uncontrollable muttering of ideas as he stood alone in the empty space. All the whispers of inspiration could slightly be heard from the the storage room, meaning a certain scary piglin hybrid was able to pick up on the noise.

t e c h n o p o v

I tread through the snow to my humble little home, I'm very tired, I like 30v1d all of those nerds. Now Phil said he would be out for a little to grab some stuff he coulden't carry on the first trip back home, so I should have a little time to myself for a little. Climbing down the ladder my ear flicks at a strange noise. There must be an intruder. It's probably a zombie, but it doesn't sound like one that's for sure. I cautiously make my way down another ladder as the sound gets louder, noticing that the hole that used to lead to Tommy's cove was open. I visibly snarl at the thought of him coming back. I now unsheathe my sword, ready to take someone's life if I feel like it. I peek over the edge of the hole and see, Ranboo? When did he get here, Phil didn't tell me about him? I put my sword back in my belt as I make my way down the ladder to question the man with two-toned skin who warbled like an enderman occasionally, and swished his tail. "...and what if I added indoor greenery, or hanging lights-" Ranboo jumps out of his thoughts as I clear my throat. "Oh hey Techno-" the man gets out before I walk up to the shorter. "Why are you here?" I ask. "Uh-uhm Phil told me I could live with you guys, I thought he talked about it with you first.." He nervously looked up at me as his tail swished slowly behind him. I glare at him suspiciously, "I suppose you can stay here...," Ranboo sighed in relief, "but, you'll have to help with resources and all, the same as Phil and I do." His face doesn't change, no signs of dread at the fact that he will have to help. "Okay, do you need any help right now?" He asks curiously, tail raising slightly. "Well.., no, I was planning on relaxing with Phil when he gets back, though I suppose there's enough room on the couch for three." I say, scratching behind my ear.

He looks down slightly, "Sorry to ruin your plans, I'll try not to be much of a bother. Should I make hot chocolate for all of us?" I tilt my head a little, that does sound nice and Phil would like that too.. maybe Ranboo can even help me with potion brewing eventually. "Sure," I say "Phil should be back very soon, I'll message him on my communicator to ask." Just before I start typing I see Ranboos ears perk up a pit, and he shuffles over to set some stuff down. I send Phil a quick message, 'when will you get back ranboo is making hot chocolate' then clicked enter. I wave over to Ranboo, "I'm going to start the fireplace and grab a couple of blankets, I'll be upstairs." He gives a quick thumbs up then goes back to sorting items.

Making my way to the storage chests grab the pre-chopped spruce wood, I pass by Hubert and Moon, I wave to Hubert and he waves back. I reach the storage room and grab enough wood and a little extra, then climb up the ladder to the main floor. Setting the wood down I grab two blankets from a pile in the corner, making sure to grab both of the soft wooly ones for extra comfort. Tossing the blankets onto the couch, I feel a buzz from the communicator, 'I'm about to reach the portal by the community house, 5 minutes' Oh he's a lot closer than I thought, I yell down to Ranboo, "Can you start making the hot chocolate?" I start lighting the wood in the fireplace. "SURE!" I hear said man yell. After a steady fire is lit a toss more wood in there to keep it going. Apparently Ranboo was already done with the hot chocolate, bringing a full kettle of it up the ladder. "Do you happen to have any mugs?" he asks sheepishly. "Yeah, let me grab them." I say as I reach up to a cabinet with various cups and mugs inside, grabbing three. Ranboo set down the kettle, I assume he wants to wait for Phil before he pours the steaming drinks. "So you're going to live here?" I say, starting up a conversation. "Uh yes! As long as you're okay with it, you built this house." He shoots me weary look. "I don't see why not, as long as you do your part and maintain a relationship with us, Phil seems to trust you." I shrug. "I saw your turtle farm," Ranboo chuckled, "there sure is a lot of them." I grin, "I know, and the turtle master potions are so powerful too." And I see the other nod. As I open to speak again, Phil walks through the door.

"Oh hey guys!" Phil chuckles as he slings the bag off his shoulder, setting it on the floor and closing the door behind him. "Phil! Are you ready to relax?" I speak loud and enthusiastically, shooting him a grin. "Yes I am! Thanks for making hot chocolate Ranboo!" Phil smiles at him. Ranboo gives him a "Mhm!" then begins to pour the sweet steaming drink into the three mugs I got down earlier. "You guys can go ahead and sit down, I'll be ready in a second." The man says while pouring the last mug of hot chocolate. I motion Phil to the couch, and he walks over and chooses a spot near one of the side ends. I sit on the opposite, leaving a spot for Ranboo in the middle as I hand one of the wooly blankets to Phil. He nods a thanks as he looks up to see Ranboo coming our way with the drinks in his hands. He hands Phil his, then mine to me, then he sits down in the middle with his own mug in his hand. I drape the blanket I'm using over him as well, allowing him to get comfortable. Ranboo sighs, "This is very nice, thank you both for letting me stay here." he then smiles at both of us. "I enjoy your company a lot." Phil comments. "Phhsssshsh.... you're okay I guess.." I reluctantly say. Phil giggles and takes another sip of hot chocolate. I do the same, it is actually very good. We sit in comfortable silence as we finish all of our hot chocolate, too cozy to move at all. I take all three of their mugs and set them on a crafting table for now, I'll wash them later. I feel Ranboo sink into the blankets further, slightly leaning on me. Too comfortable and happy to care, I let him shuffle closer to me and sort of hug me. I'm glad all of us have comfortable sleep clothes on, because we're definitely going to sleep here tonight. I whisper to Phil, not to wake up the teen sleeping on me, "Are you comfortable Phil?" The man in question groans a little, and whispers, "Verryyyyyy....." he turned over and buried his face in his blanket again. I softly chuckle, and look down at the sleeping hybrid hugging my side. I move my hand to scratch his head, but hesitate.. 'should I..?'. I decide that it wont hurt, and gently reach down to rub and ruffle Ranboo's soft half-and-half hair. He leans in more, face looking content, and I smile. With my hand still in his hair, I close my eyes and quickly drift into sleep. 

       ig techno trusts(kinda) ranboo so fast is because he stated at the festival massacre "i have nothing against you" and he did not hit ranboo once during the fight. so idk :Dalso ill prolly update fucking at snails pace because im lazy and have school (also no motivation/inspo)