Jeeva had wanted to give this marriage another chance, which broke his heart. To top it, knowing that Mullai was in guilt for kissing him, made him even worse. He knew she did not love him but deep down he wished she kissed him out of love that she never realized until then. He tried talking to her the first chance he got, to make her realize his love. However, the minute he saw her feeling disgusted to look at him, he knew that was not the case. He was tormented in guilt for kissing her, did not want to disturb her, and avoided calling her from the day she left to her house. Every time he would almost pick up and dial her number, he would be reminded of her words to let her in peace and would cut the call. There were times, when he would just drive around her house hoping he would at least get a glimpse of her but she never came out.

Once he reached his room, he sat down on the floor besides it and opened the drawer of his nightstand. He took out the picture of him and Mullai and vividly remembered he day he kept it there.

May 2019 – A week after Jeeva's birthday

He acted in reflex. All he wanted to do at that moment was to console her. Now he feels guilty if she mistook his intention. Last thing he want is for him being the reason for her feeling uncomfortable in this house. He wanted to clear the air with her, if only if he could see her. Mullai has been avoiding him from the day they met in mandapam. She would not join the family morning teatime anymore nor did she serve them dinner. She would eat dinner with his Anni in the kitchen and immediately go back to the room. As days passed, he was getting desperate to see her and clear his side.

He came back from shop during mid-day knowing she would be at house and it is easier to talk to her. As soon as he entered, his Anni came out.

"Dei Kathiru. Indha nerathula enna da inga?"

"Ahh adhu Anni. Veetla enna load elam irukunu pakka vandhean ", Kathir told the first lie he could formulate.

"Adhu elam epovum correcta nyabgam vechupiyey. Enna pudhusa pakka vandhu iruka?"

"Adhu. Inoru vati seri pakalamnu than. Naan pathutu kadaiku kelambarean"

"Seri da.Tea edavadhu venuma?"

"Illa anni onum venam."

"Dei vandhadum vandha, paran mela oru petiyil palaya photo elam iruku. Adhula athai kalyana photo yedutu thada. Athai oru atigai design adhula pakka sonanga"

She stopped seeing the confused Kathir

"Ha Ha adhana. Kadaiya thavira enna sonna puriya pogudhu unaku. Poi andha peti matum eduthu tha. Kannava ketta 100 karanam solran, thati kalika"

"Ah seri anni"

"Seri nee poi yedu. Naan unaku tea potu kuduthutu apadiyey kovilku porean"

Kathir was clearing the paran when he found a picture of him and Mullai together during their childhood days. It reminded of how close they were during childhood. Slowly the family rift has drifted them apart as well. These 6 months has made him realize the goodness in her and how unfair he was towards her for mistakes she did not do. Thoughts of her brought a smile on his face. Hearing his Anni's call, he put the photo in drawer of his room and left to the living room.

His Anni brought him tea and got ready to go to temple

Kathir wanted to stay and talk to Mullai. At the same time, did not know how to avoid dropping his Anni in the temple.

"Anni irunga, naan pora vazhila drop panrean"

"Venam da. Naan auto pudichu poikarean. Aparam thirumbi varapo Mama kutitu vareanu sonar. Nee tea kuduchutu kadaiku kelambu. Unaku aparam time ayidum"