"I'm just... Saying what I've read in the books."

"Book--" Ben cut himself off, his eyes growing into huge globes. "Wait--you have the Jedi texts!?"

"Yes--I got them from Master Skywalker before--"

An awkward silence fell over them. It lasted a long while. The pair equally looked at the ground, respectfully not reaching out to each other in the Force.

"I just mean--" Rey blurted out suddenly.

"I mean I--" Ben said at the same time.

"Oh, sorry, you go first."

"No, you."

"No, really--"

"But I interrupted you--"

"Would one of you just speak already and be done with it?"

The pair turned to the new voice. General Leia stood, a hand on her hip and a smirk on her face. She walked down the last three steps of the chamber they were in.

Ben went to her immediately, giving her a ferocious hug. When they were done, Leia smiled at them both.

"So. How are some of my favorite people in the entire universe doing?"

"Well--" Rey started.

"Not so good," Ben said.

Leia rose her eyebrows. "I thought your little Jedi training sessions were going well?"

"I just feel under qualified for this," Rey admitted. "I'm just regurgitating what I'm reading from the texts. And I worry I'm too far along, set in my ways."

Rey gestured to Ben. "One of his main concerns are the attachments he's already created, and the fact he's been in the Dark Side for so long. But honestly, I've forged bonds too. I'm emotional. I can't just... Forego all that."

Leia looked thoughtful but remained silent.

"The texts talk about teaching children from a very young age the ways of the Force, and the ways of Jedi life. I never lived like that, and Ben only lived like that for a short time. I fear..."

"This is all for nothing," Ben finished quietly.

"Doesn't the Force have a habit of showing people what has happened, and what is to happen?" said Leia.

Rey and Ben looked at each other.

"The Force seems to make things happen for a reason. Maybe you both need to let go of your fears and put more faith in what the Force is doing. If you stop fighting it and worrying, it will go more smoothly."

"That's not the only issue," Ben said quietly, looking at the ground.

"Then what is it?" Leia prodded gently.

Ben remained silent, clenching his right hand into a fist.

~

"General Hux?"

Hux blinked, whirling around. A few ship hands quickly ducked their heads, trying to make it look like they hadn't been staring. First Officer Teku was looking at Hux, a slight look of worry on his face.

"Are you alright Sir?"

"Yes," Hux sniffed. It was obvious he had been lost in thought awhile. "I'm sorry, what was it you said?"

Officer Teku blinked, surprised by the apology. When he responded, it was carefully and quietly. "Perhaps you should retire to your quarters for the night. You've been on the bridge for twelve hours."