chapter 8 | i need u

Beginne am Anfang

You hear the phone call end with a beep and the first thing you thought of actually closing up the store. You quickly changed out of your uniform and into your spare clothes that you brought and hung your bag around your shoulder. Quickly placing your phone in your back pocket, you walk out. And just in time, you see a car pull up. You ran over and enter the passenger seat.

"What is going on?" You say, panicking. Yeonjun looked at you and drove back onto the road.

"Your mom didn't say much. All she did say that something happened with your aunt and she wanted you at the hospital immediately." You fiddled with your fingers so he takes a hold of it and tries to soothe you.

"What if.." Your voice cracks. The more you didn't know, the more you imagined the scariest things and your heart broke at the image of your aunt in the hospital. What if something actually happens to her? You would never forgive yourself again.

"Look. I'm sure that she's fine." Yeonjun says, not knowing what else to say. He couldn't get your hopes up in case something happens but he needed to do something. He could see that you were beating yourself up with this.

As soon as you reached the hospital, you jumped out and ran into the hospital and immediately to your aunt's room, Yeonjun following. You open the door and see your parents crying and although you still didn't know what was going on, your legs felt weak. You leaned down the door frame in which luckily, Yeonjun had caught you just in time, bringing you into his arms.

"We'll leave you alone." Your dad says and you spread your arms out, trapping them from going out.

"No. Both of you aren't leaving unless you tell me what's going on." You knew this made you seem stubborn and kind of like and idiot but you couldn't accept it if anything worse happens to her.

"Honey..." Your dad looks over to your mom and back to your aunt.

"She woke up for a bit a few hours ago but went into a cardiac arrest and we don't know how she's doing. At the moment, she's breathing fine but it's looking a little rough." Your mom explained to you, knowing that you must be having a hard time. You felt your heart burn at the sight of your aunt, causing you to clutch onto it. Yeonjun supports you from the back as you try to breathe properly.

"You.. You must be Yeonjun." Your dad says, trying to find something to distract all of you from suffering too much. He too had been having a hard time because of his sister.

"Yes, sir." Yeonjun says, walking the both of you in. He shook your dad's hand and then your mom as they both gave him a smile.

"We've heard a lot about you. You seem to be a good boyfriend." Your mom says and eyes Yeonjun, motioning that they would be outside. He nods his head as he leads you closer to the bed. You couldn't take your eyes off of the bed which just led you to trust Yeonjun. Until you heard the close, you couldn't even blink. You walked over to your aunt and grabbed her hand.

"Hey.. I'm back," You felt tears form in your eyes again and already knew your voice was cracking. "Please.. Can you just.. Wake up? Tell me that you're okay? That you're not mad at me?" You let out a small hiccup before feeling her finger move. You step back, surprised which surprised Yeonjun as well. With a drop of your tear, your aunt's eyes slowly start to move. Yeonjun stands up to warn your parents and the doctor as you move in closer.

"Y/N..." You hear your aunt say in a small whisper.

"Naeun?," You call her name for the first time in months as she slowly starts to open her eyes. You take her in hand in yours and smile. "Can you hear me?"

"Y/N.." She lets out again and you smiled like you had never smiled. You were so relieved that your breathing became uneven again. The doctors came rushing in as they checked up on her. You see your parents watching from the door as Yeonjun comes walking up to you. He holds you back a little to give the doctors space while you turn around, feeling his embrace.