Chapter 30- The Kick

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, yeah I know." He says sassily, running away and eating his candy. Gee, feeling the love. Love you too buddy.

===

My day could start off in two ways: either I would wake up, eat my breakfast at the kitchen table, read a few pages of my baby name book and dilly dally around the house finding little projects, or I could wake up, eat my breakfast at the kitchen table, read a few pages of my baby name book and have JC enter the house without even a knock. It really bothers me that he doesn't knock to be honest, but I didn't think too much of it today since I hadn't seen him all weekend. Which was fine by me, I had quality family time with my parents and little brother.

Today wasn't any different from when JC came over. He always seemed to be on his toes, needing to do something. I think it's because he felt uncomfortable just standing around in silence. I couldn't blame him either. I found something for him to do though. I wanted to move the furniture in my room around so it didn't seem so cluster together. Now that my dad built the crib and removed my keyboard out my room I was still left with little space. The room almost felt claustrophobic.

"No, no. The wardrobe to the left. My left." I order pointing with my hands. He rolls his eyes and in return I roll my eyes behind his back as he moves my wardrobe the other way. "I need more space." I mumble rubbing my tired eyes. It's barely the afternoon and I already feel this way.

"This good?" JC asks looking over his shoulder.

"A little more." I instruct sitting on the edge of the bed as I wait.

He take a few steps back and looks around my room. That's when he starts doing something weird. It reminds me of the sobriety test but he's doing it along the wardrobe. He mumbles the number five and the walks towards my closet. When I ask what he was doing he ignored me and started walking the inside of my closet.

"Eight." He mumbled. "I think you'll have a lot more room if you put your wardrobe in your closet." He tells me pointing to a spot on the far wall of my closet. I actually liked the idea, but I wasn't so quick or eager to tell him, "I can tell you like it." He says going back to the wardrobe. I get up to help but before I could even walk three steps he stops me and shakes his head. "Sit back down. This is way too heavy for you." He tells me pulling the wardrobe across my room with a bit of struggle.

I try to help as much as I could by guiding him and telling him where to position it. It actually didn't look half bad, and it opened up my room a whole lot more! I sat back down on the edge of the bed watching JC rearrange some of the baby furniture. "That's good." I yawn, waving my hand in the air weakly. The setup of my room looked better now.

When you walked in my bed is set up against the left wall in the corner, my nightstand beside it. Across the room directly was the crib which I had already made up with the new bed set SJ picked out. Beside the crib was the stroller and the play pen, which I'd put away somewhere more convenient later. Now there was just the big empty corner that was missing something. Where I hoped to put a chair but that wasn't the most important thing right now. It looked like now the baby actually had half of the room and not just furniture crammed into spaces available.

"And you still have room to put a chair in the corner." JC pointed out, messing around with the crib. I nodded my head patting my stomach. "Well, everything is built now."

"Yeah, everything is ready. Mostly." I say with a grin. Only because I felt the baby kick at my hand. I let out a faint chuckle as I look down at my stomach feeling the kick again. The moment was exciting moment; to feel that first kick coming from the baby. It's something I've been waiting for to experience. It's a happy moment, guarantee.