Encounter 2: The Corner Of My Eye

EricSikich

I remembered running up to my room one day. I locked myself in there, and slowly back away from the door. That's when I noticed something in the corner of my room on the wall, I looked to my right and saw it or maybe she, it was a woman.

Her upper body pressed against the wall while her lower body was stuck to the ceiling. Her hair was raven black and flying in all directions as if it was made of snakes or if she was underwater, somehow never covering her face. She was a pale white, which made her jet black irises pop and the black circles around her eyes made it look like she had two black eyes. Her lips were red and cracked from dryness. She was wearing a long white night gown. Not a speck of dirt covered her being, yet even with these innocent features, she was terrifying.

I whimpered as she started crawling down the wall, Her bones cracking as she made her way down.I did the only sensible thing I could think of and started to run towards my room door. I was a second away from getting to the doorknob before she appeared in front of me. Blocking me from reaching the door, her arms stretched unnaturally long across the door so that I couldn't escape. Her nails, long black and sharp like claws dug into the walls as she moved.

She growled and I slowly took a step back. She stood there standing with her back to the door in the same spot. I continued to takes small careful steps walking backwards until I felt the cold wall on my back. Frightened, I slid down the wall, bringing my knees up to my chest and wrapping my arms around my legs. I could hear the awful woman walking towards me but wasn't able to see her through the tears streaming down my face. I got up and started to walk away from the steps, but I kept bumping into walls to get away until I found myself stuck in another corner.

Then I heard a voice in my head, intruding on my thoughts and whispering, "speak my darling, use your words". I freaked out and looked up. The ghost or ghoul was right in front of my face her forehead pressing against mine. The contact of her skin against mine was unbearable, it sent shivers down my spine and arms. My body suddenly froze, I was freezing, I felt like wrapping myself up in a million blankets to hide from the cold, but then I was scorching, every movement felt like I was walking through fire and nothing could cool me down.

I squirmed in place, watching her serpent like tongue slither out of her mouth. She came closer and licked the side of my face. I yelped, and buried my face into my hands hoping that she couldn't get to me again. Her cackles echoed throughout the room as I started to get nauseous and my head pounding and aching in pain. I forced myself to look back up and stare down this terrifying woman, just so that I could find nothing but myself alone in the room. I got up and started to the door, but I couldn't as soon as I stood everything started to spin, contorting into different shapes, then I fell to the ground and passed out cold.

                 *                                        *                                        *

I woke up in my closet. I knew it was mine because off all the clothes strewn in a mess plus I saw my favorite white sweater hanging right beside me. I could only see a bit thanks to the small beam of light coming through the slit between the closet doors. I thought I caught a glimpse of something through the slit so I leaned in closer to get a better look at what I had seen. "Wait what!" I wondered as through the doors I saw myself lying in my own bed. My body jerked back from shock and once again I saw only darkness. Out of only sheer curiosity I looked once more and saw that my body wasn't alone in the room, there was something or someone sitting at the end of my bed. " It wasn't my mother or father, that was for sure, but who was it? "