Me: Yeah. Just really sick. I wont be there today. I can’t even get out     of bed.

    Hulk: I’ll drop by later.

    Me: Alright.

    This was the first time in over a week that he had reached out to me. Honestly I didn’t know what to make of it. Its always hard to read peoples emotions over text messages. At least he was thinking about me. That has to mean something.

    Throughout the day my symptoms didn’t improve much. I did manage to get out of bed and make a cup off tea, but aside from that I haven’t even left the nest that I have made in the fluffy hotel duvet.

    When I finally heard a knock on the door it took a good five minutes and all the energy I could muster to climb out of bed and make it to the door. I opened the door expecting Hulk, but I should know by now that I’m always going to make the wrong assumption. Instead the Finn in Ferrari red stood outside my door. Apparently Nico wasn’t the only one who noticed that I was missing.

    “You weren’t there.” he stated in a monotone.

    “Yeah, I’m sick.” speaking for the first time today has excruciatingly painful and I sounded ten times worse than I even imagined I would.

    “I told you that you would get sick.”

    “Well, thanks. You were right again. Do you want me to buy you a shirt that says ‘I told you so’ so that you don’t have to say it anymore?”
    “I’ll be back. Leave the door cracked.”

    He turned and promptly walked away before I could complain or fit in another snarky comment. I looked around and saw a telephone book on the desk that I could jam in the door to keep it from closing and then I waddled back to bed and delved back into the warmth of the covers.

    I had almost fallen asleep again when I heard the door open and close again. My eyes fluttered open and I saw Kimi holding a brown paper bag.

    “I have soup.”

    “I’m not hungry.” I muttered.

    “You have to eat something if you want to get better.” he said taking the container out of the bag and removing the lid then sticking a spoon into the hot liquid broth filled if noodles and vegetables. “You don’t want me to have another I told you so, do you?”

    I groaned and sat up so that he could hand me the soup. The corners of his mouth turned up slightly. I took the soup in hand, it actually smelled delicious and after a few bites I was feeling slightly better. The warm liquid soothed my throat and the calories gave me energy that I much needed. Kimi sat quietly in a chair, playing who knows what on his phone.

    “What are you doing?”

    “Angry birds.”

    “You’re so Finnish.” I rolled my eyes, receiving a chuckle from him.

    “Its fun, you make the birds hit the little pig things.”

    “I know what angry birds is. I have nieces and nephews.”

    “Are you saying it’s a child’s game?” he raised an eyebrow.

    “They are 7 and 9. You’re how old again?” I smirked.

    “See if I bring you soup again.” he frowned.

    “I’m sorry.” I looked down “it was really thoughtful of you… and I feel a little better. Thank you.”

    “It’s okay.”

    Suddenly I remembered Nico could be coming any time. If he found Kimi that would be the straw that broke the camels back in our relationship. I felt bad though, Kimi had actually been nice, really nice. He couldn’t be here though. I just couldn’t risk it.

    I looked up at him again, he was focused on his phone sliding he finger across the screen. Making adorable frustrated faces when he failed. I sighed quietly.

    “Kimi?”

    “Yeah?” he looked up.

    “Nico is supposed to be coming by.”

    He looked confused for a moment before the look of realization spread across his face. A flash of hurt in his eyes and then he composed himself, back to his emotionless gaze.

    “You want me to leave.” said flatly.

    “I’m sorry… I just can’t chance it. He is only just now talking to me again.” I frowned. I really did feel wretched.

    “I get it.” he muttered getting up and heading to the door. “I hope you’re happy with the choices you make.” and the door slammed shut.

***

    Hulk lay beside me, stroking my hair. I felt retched, like I was lying to him again. I wasn’t really lying though, I just wasn’t telling him about Kimi being there. I mean it would be sort of odd to bring that up out of the blue away. I tried to convince myself. I still felt slimy though.

    “Do you think you’ll come to the race tomorrow?” he asked.

    “I don’t know. I feel a little better, but I still don’t think I could manage to go. To be honest I still feel pretty miserable.” I sighed.

    “I hate it that you’re sick.” he frowned, kissing the top of my head.

    “Mhmm.” I mumbled.

    “Get some rest.” he whispered pulling me closer to him. I snuggled up against his chest and closed my eyes, but for the first time it didn’t feel right.