III. LUPIN'S LESSON

Start from the beginning

Atlas leaned across and hits his arm with the spoon he had. "Did that hurt?"

Draco sent him a look.

"How is it, Draco?" Pansy Parkinson asked, with a massive frown. "Does it hurt much?"

"Yes, Draco, does it hurt?" Emerson asked, in a mocking tone Pansy had not picked up on. "Tell us, will you survive?"

"Yeah." Draco told them both and when the two turned around, he sent his friends a wink.

"Settle down, settle down," Professor Snape ordered them idly. "Malfoy, there isn't enough room at the table, go seat with Potter, Weasley and Granger."

Atlas snorted into his cauldron whilst trying to measure the droplet of red dragons eye solution to an exact. "Good luck."

Once Malfoy was gone and Atlas finished his potion and waited for it to shrink so he could pour it into his flask. However, when he turned around he saw Emerson standing behind him with furrowed eyebrows.

"I need your help."

"Again?"

"It's not stirring in the right direction!"

"Did you read the instructions?"

"No." she told him.

Atlas sighed but glanced down at her blue hands, he softly picked them up and brought her over to the sink. "You shouldn't leave any potion solution on your hands it could burn through the skin." he ran the tap and helped her take the solution off. "Your hands are going to stain purple for a few days."

Atlas noticed how cold her hands were.

Emerson shrugs. "I wish they stained green. I would have looked so honourable to my house."

Atlas nods in agreement, "The most honourable Slytherin yet, we would have all been so proud."

"Should we try and make them green?"

Atlas looked at her potion, it was orange when it was suppose to be blue. "Yeah, it's too late for you. Let's turn your hands green-"

Across the classroom, Harry, Ron and Hermione had all been trying to sufficient Malfoy.

"Sir," Malfoy called, "sir, I'll need help cutting up these daisy roots, because of my arm -"

"Weasley, cut up Malfoy's roots for him," Snape instructed, without looking up.

"There's nothing wrong with your arm," Ron hissed back at him.

"Weasley, you heard Professor Snape, cut up these roots."

Ron seized his knife and began to chop them roughly, so that they were all different sizes.

"Professor," Malfoy began again loudly, "Weasley's mutilating my roots, sir."

Snape approached their table, and looked at the uneven roots. "Change roots with Malfoy, Weasley."