act one .22

"nini," the girl heard someone familiar call out. nini turned around to see gina standing behind her, holding a box of doughnuts, "whats up..?"

"gina," nini quietly breathed out and gave her an awkward smile, "hey, how are you doing?"

"terrible," gina confessed, "i miss my best friend."nini didn't say anything but look at the floor. gina let out a deep breath and opened the box of doughnuts, "but.. i've never been to good with words so i'm hoping this box of your favorite food will do."

nini eyed the doughnuts and let out a small smile, "are they jelly filled..?"

"every. single. one. of. them," gina stated. the two girls smiled at each other. gina put the doughnuts down and they quickly pulled each other into a hug.

"oh god, i missed you gina," nini breathed out as she held onto her best friend tighter.

"i missed you so much, neens," gina confessed, "i'm so sorry for telling ej. i was so dumb and i never would've thought-"

"shh... it's okay," nini whispered. they finally let go of each other and the two of them had tears in their eyes, "i guess it was time everyone knew anyways, huh?"

"no.. neens. if you didn't want it out then it shouldn't have been out," gina admitted, "i'm really sorry."

"gina...it's okay," nini told the girl. nini bent down and picked up the doughnut box, "i got doughnuts now. this is all i need in life."

nini handed gina a doughnut and the two of them happily took a bite out of them as they walked across the campus. nini saw ricky looking at her from across the campus. the boy gave her a small smile and a wave. nini quickly turned away and focused on gina.

"i'm guessing you still haven't talked to ricky," gina opined out. nini rolled her eyes and nodded her head, "when are you planning on talking to him?"

"never."

"neens-"

"why should i talk to him when he's the one that messed around me?" nini explained, "ricky could talk to me all he wants as long as he apologizes first."

gina nodded her head and gave nini a smile, "good for you, neens. sticking up for yourself."

"well i got my inspiration from you," nini cooed and nudged gina, "i heard you didn't take any of ej's shit. props to you."

"where'd you hear that from?"

"well...luke and reggie are best friends," nini joked. gina threw her head back and laughed, "so you performing for the jingle ball performance tomorrow?"

gina nodded her head and smirked, "i am ... actually performing with carrie, kinda crazy, huh?"

"no fucking way," nini stated with a laugh and raised her eyebrows at gina. gina nodded her head and laughed, "you're so cool. you're literally so cool."

"shut up," gina laughed with a blush in her cheeks.

"you are!" nini cooed, "i'm your number one fan."

"well when we're both performing on the big stage, promise me i got front row tickets," gina told nini. nini nodded her head and smiled at gina.

"you could maybe even have meet and greet tickets too," nini sarcastically said. gina rolled her eyes and laughed.

"how about you? what is the amazing nini salazar-roberts preforming tomorrow," gina asked the girl as they both sat down at a bench. nini shook her head and smirked at gina, "what?"

"it's a secret."

"neens!"

"sorry, guess you gotta wait till tomorrow!"