viii. the bothers

❀⊱━━━━━━━━━━━⊰❀

❀⊱━━━━━━━━━━━⊰❀

The next morning, Lily did not bother getting up due to the events of yesterday, and it was also because she did not want to hear the whispers and see the stares at her. She even turned in early just to avoid her friends' questions. Alexandra Malfoy kissed her. It was her first kiss, and some gangster just took it away. But Lily couldn't really get mad at her since she was right. It was Lily's fault in the first place as to why she got hurt.

Lily started thinking about her and what she knew so far. Alexandra Jamie Malfoy, Mudfur. In her first year, she was sent a Howler by her father, berating her for being sorted in Gryffindor. She was actually a Marauder, and the reason why Lily did not see her much was because Alexandra was always with Ria. Ria suddenly broke up with her at the end of their fifth year, leaving Alexandra broken-hearted. And Lily found out from Marlene that by that time, James Potter had fought with the Marauders and that was why he was not with them, and this year, James and Ria became friends, which was why they were always together.

"Lily! Lily!" Alice Fortescue started calling out to her.

"Alice, it's a Saturday." Lily mumbled into her pillow, wanting to rest a little more. "Let me sleep for a while."

"Someone's looking for you downstairs." Alice shook her awake.

Lily's eyes widened, and she sat up straight. She had a feeling, and she hoped it was wrong. "Who?"

"Alexandra Malfoy, your girlfriend." Alice said teasingly. Flabbergasted and afraid of what Alexandra might say, Lily stood up quickly and accidentally stumbled over her feet.

"Are you okay, Lily?"

From the common room, Alexandra, Marlene, Dorcas, Frank Longbottom and Mary Macdonald looked up in concern. Alexandra tipped her sunglasses down slightly to check if Lily was there.

"Excited, is she?" Alexandra chuckled softly, and the four Gryffindors just smiled awkwardly in response. It was the first time they were ever talking to Alexandra Malfoy, and it was even more surprising because she wasn't angry or rude like she usually was.

Then, Lily Evans came out of the girls' dormitory with Alice following after her, Lily's eyes widening to see all her friends with Alexandra. So, she was seriously going through with her plan. How was Lily going to escape this then?

"Marls, Dorcas, Frank, Mary!" Lily ran down to them. "This is –"

"Alexandra." Frank finished for her with a tone of amusement. "We know her, Lils. She's our housemate." Lily blushed in embarrassment. Oh right.