Peace

Blu and Jasmine flew back to Rio, Terrin lying on a piece of bark between them, tied to it. Hours of flight; how exhausted they were when they finally reached Linda's residence. They landed on the windowsill and pushed the shutters open.

"Oh, Tulio. It's Blu and.. Jasmine?" Linda noticed.

Jasmine squawked her confirmation.

"They've brought an injured bird with them, too," Tulio pointed out. "Let's take him to the observatory."

---------------
(ONE WEEK LATER)

Blu sat in his hollow, at peace knowing his worst enemy would never be returning. He could see the fear in Terrin's eyes when he was pinned to the branch. Nigel and Gabi? Well, they should have been most of the way to Minnesota by now.

Blu still missed Jewel terribly. She was all he had, besides the three children they'd had together. He remembered the day they met. "Escape? This cage is awesome." "I have to admit, that's a pretty good song." Then the long trek away from the city to the top of the gazebo. "Drag me? Watch and learn."

The dance at the club was the pivotal moment of their lives. The moment Jewel realized she couldn't hide how she felt about him anymore. Then that fall which gave Blu the ability to fly...

Every memory flooded back to Blu, making him tear up. He missed Jewel, yes. But he still had the most important thing of all: FAMILY.

---------------

She groaned and whined and began to stir. Her head pivoted back and forth as her eyes slowly opened. "Wh... where am I? Where's..."

She became fully aware when she noticed a figure standing over her. "Good morning, Jewel," he greeted, followed by a chilling chuckle.

THE END