Chapter 35 - I'm very - easy to please

ابدأ من البداية

Su Yi was confused. "Who are you talking about?"

Wu Xue named a currently famous celebrity.

"Why do you like talking about other people so much?" Su Yi sat in front of the mirror, took the make-up remover and started removing her make-up. "What's wrong with cosmetic surgery, anyone would like to be prettier, it's normal."

Chu Xi tsked and leant closer to ask Wu Xue in a whisper. "Did she go for cosmetic surgery too?"

Wu Xue said sincerely, "Actually no."

"I want to." Su Yi looked very upset. "Being too beautiful is a burden."

Chu Xi said, "She really is thick-skinned."

Wu Xue echoed, "Yeah, she is."

After two knocks An Xuan entered. Seeing that Su Yi was taking off her own make-up, she immediately jogged up and said, "Yi-jie, I'll help you remove your make-up."

"What's up with you recently?" Su Yi asked, her hands were still busy. "Last few days when I wasn't around, it's understandable that you took leave, now that I'm on the set you can still vanish for such a long time?"

"I'm sorry." An Xuan immediately apologised. "I went out to take a call."

Wu Xue couldn't hold back anymore either. "I've been sitting here for twenty minutes and I didn't see you, how long did that call take? We're working here, you have to distinguish between private business and work."

An Xuan started apologising again.

Su Yi found it a little annoying, and it just happened that she was done removing her make-up. She got up and, after wiping her face carefully with a wet towel, said, "Alright, just be more careful next time."

Although she didn't say anything too serious, she was too used to portraying villainous characters on screen. Her whole person gave others the impression of someone serious.

Just one sentence had An Xuan's eyes reddened. She nodded, silently picked up Su Yi's clutch and followed the trio out of the make-up room.

"Yi-jie, going back?" Tu Jinglan was standing not far away waiting for Wu Ke to finish his scenes. When she saw Su Yi, she flashed a smile yet not a smile and called out in greeting.

Su Yi nodded. "Yeah, goodbye."

"Hey!" Tu Jinglan sounded surprised. "Why are you crying?"

She meant the person at the end, An Xuan.

An Xuan paused, then shook her head. "It's, it's nothing."

Su Yi looked behind her. She really just wanted to see what it was with An Xuan, but she didn't expect the other's eyes to redden even more once she met her eyes.

"..."

"Don't cry." Tu Jinglan suddenly took out some tissues from her bag and gave it to An Xuan. "Yi-jie is really strict with even herself, you need to be more focused if you're working for her. Don't think too much about it, Yi-jie's actually quite a nice person."

An Xuan hurriedly waved her hands. "No, no, it's my own business, nothing to do with Yi-jie."

Her hand was soft and weak, and her explanation was even stranger.

Finding it funny, Su Yi said, "My assistant doesn't need your worry, you can be nicer to your own."

Hearing this, Tu Jinglan's body froze.

A while ago, as her assistant accidentally spilled some cold water on her, she'd slapped the other twice. Later, Lin Xia brushed it under the carpet by giving the assistant hush money.