authors notes (not completed)

Start from the beginning

Why freaking watches?

Fun story! My grandfather always had a pocket watch with him... I have always found it interesting soo that was my base, and I also prefer pocket watched over wristwatches.

We see in Haymitchs suit outfit thing a chain that goes from a pocket to enter the pocket. Usually, these are pocket watches. I think that Haymitch would always carry around a little Fauna with him.. or whoever He was missing dearly that day. Again, a silent protest.

Why did you take certain liberties from the book/movies

well, in the books, they say that Haymitch has dark hair. I couldn't think of him like that! I had this image of a tough, strong, smart young man with golden locks, and I just had to take something from the book and somethings from the movie so that everyone could understand.

So somethings are book accurate, some are movie... it really vends on your imagination.

Why did you Have Haymitch get beat up so much?

Nobody becomes an alcoholic because they had maybe a bad day. I wanted his experience to really be out there, and I wanted his hate for the capital to be insane. I wanted Haymitch's character to really reflect the person we see. We see how much he hates it in the movies, and I just wanted to show the "why?" Factor. The reason why he is the way he is... we know he had a terrible science, but I just wanted to shine that light a little brighter.

Why did you give Haymitch all this mental stuff?

Personally, I have some of these, or my family members do. I wanted to write about something I experience or something I have seen happen. For example, I wouldn't say I like little sounds. What would drive me crazy? Having a freaking pocket watch that makes a clicking noise with me 24/7!

That would really kill me. So all of his disorders come from my own experience or my family members. So again, "the writing process could be easier" I honestly thought that with the alcoholic problem would come mental issues, like Annie... but not to that extent.

Thoughts on the pin?
I've noticed that the pin is not something bought....like a gift you elf get yourself. The pin is more of an acquired gift.

Thoughts on the golden wrist band/why did you add it?

Well, when I was writing, I thought, "how can I tie in the pin?".

First, I had it that all of D12 got a pin, but then that seemed unrealistic and nearly no THENNN. I realized that EFFIE gave HAYMITCH the bracelet in catching fire, and I thought there HAD to be more to it than just a stylish bracelet.

My thoughts on it, well... it's coollllll.

Gran (Beatrice Abernathy)

I don't honestly have much on Gran, only that. A) When I was planning, I wanted the capital to kill her. B) I wanted Her relationship with Haymitch to be strong. When I started writing, I wanted her name to be Bea; growing up, I watched a lot, I mean a lot of Andy Griffith, and Aunt Bea always touched my heart! So when I wrote about gran, I was writing about Aunt Bea! I tried to keep someone in my head when ii wrote her lines. I wanted Haymitchs and Gran's relationship to be like Opie and Aunt Bea:)

Dahlia Everdeen/Abernathy

okay. Controversial character. So. Here we go.

I have the biggest theory on Haymitch and Mrs.Everdeen (katniss's mom) being sibs! So I added it. I added it because it would add more insight and explain things for further movies/books. I wanted her name to be Dahlia bc Dahlia is a flower, Primrose is a flower, then there's a Katniss plant, sooooo! It's all around the same thing. I really wanted to show her dry career ad how it developed, so that's why she still isn't your favorite charterer. I based her development on an older sister that Is like 20 yrs older then her siblings, so she's more like a mom then a sister but still annoys you as a sister if that makes sense:)