Anticipation

"You staying here?" My brother Kodi asks.

"No, why?" I respond.

"Could you ask Don to take you to go get me some food?" He asks. Donovan is his best friend. He isn't going to basketball today because he got a concussion two days ago.

" I guess" I answer rolling my eyes.

"Thanks Aus" he says slipping me a 20 before heading into the boys locker room.

I go to find Donovan.

"Don can you take me to Wendy's?" I ask showing him the money.

"Sure Lil bit" he says patting my head. I smack his hand off.

"Don't pet me, I ain't no dog" I say smiling. We walk through the hallway and out to his mustang. I hop in the front seat.

"You remember my cousin Travis?" Don asks me.

"Yeah, why?" I respond.

"He's moving down here. Gonna be at our school in your grade" he tells me. I smile. Me and Travis hang out whenever he comes to town, he's cool.

"Alright, when?" I ask.

"They come tomorrow, but he said he don't wanna go to school til Monday."

I nod. It'll be so fun with Travis here. He is a lighskin with curly dark brown hair, and brown eyes. He's gorgeous! Not that I like him or anything.........anyways. We pull into the drive thru, and I get Kodi a 10 piece nugget with a large fry and a frosty. I just get fries for myself. We pull around to the window.

"That'll be $15.36 cutie" the cashier says with a wink. I roll my eyes.

"Not interested but thanks for the compliment." Don says smiling.

I hand him the money but he swats my hand away. "I got it" he says handing his money to the girl. She snatches it with an attitude. "Next window" she says angrily. I laugh as we pull up, and Don smiles.

"Thanks, have a nice day" Donovan says when we get the food. He takes a sip of the lemonade he bought and drives back to school.

When we get back, we take the food and head into the gym to watch the rest of practice. "You want this?" Don asks, referring to the rest of his drink. I shrug my shoulders and take it.

Practice ends and Kodi walks over to us. "Thanks Aus" he says hugging me before taking one of my fries. "Ewww you're sweaty" I complain pushing him off of me and making a face. He laughs, and heads to the locker room to change.

********************

"Austin what's that science grade looking like?" My mom asks while cooking dinner.

"I straightened every thing out, it's a hundred now." I answer smiling. "Alright, good. How's basketball going Kodi?" She says, and I head upstairs.

I need to wash my hair in the morning, I think to myself as I look in the mirror a little while longer before pulling out my phone and hooking it up to the speaker.

I care about you baby

More than you'll ever know, more than you'll ever know

Please do not drive me crazy