Lunch

(Y/N) stood outside of Kuroo's and Kenma's apartment, waiting for her friend to catch up. Himari had been excited ever since they were asked for lunch. She wouldn't let (Y/N) chose what she wore, she had controlled the whole situation, wanting a good impression on Kuroo. (Y/N) found it amusing how big of the crush was. 

She held Kenma's hoodie in her arms. She didn't have time to wash it, but she knew it was a good time to return it. Her friend caught up, panting softly. 

"How are you so fast?" (Y/N) shrugged at Himari's question as she knocked on the front door. 

It was opened by the bedhead, Kuroo. He offered a smile to the two girls "Himari, (Y/N), welcome!" He gestured for the both of them to come inside, which they did. 

"Thank you for inviting us over again. Last night was a lot of fun!" Himari smiled as she took in the apartment once again, beaming as much as she could.

"Besides the part where you were vomited on." (Y/N) mumbled, but was elbowed by Himari.

"Well, thanks for reminding me." Himari glared at (Y/N), who quietened. 

"How about you two sit down. I'll grab Kenma." (Y/N)'s eyes brightened slightly at the mention of Kenma, she sat down immediately, her friend followed. 

Himari watched (Y/N) suspiciously. "You're being weird."

"No I'm not."

"You've been cooped up in your room for three months, and as soon as you meet this guy, you're out of bed early and jumped straight into the car to come here."

"Don't expose me." (Y/N) hissed in a whisper. 

Himari held her hands up in surrender, they both waited for the boys to come back. Kuroo dragged Kenma out of his room, smiling to the girls. "Sorry. How does salad sound for lunch?"

"Sounds great, do you want help?" Himari smiled, which Kuroo nodded. Salad??? Does he want us to starve??? (Y/n) thought to herself. I'm definitely going to McDonalds after this. 

"Sit Kenma. I'll be in the kitchen. (Y/N), shout out if you need anything." Kuroo lead Himari to the kitchen, the two chatting amongst themselves.

(Y/N) and Kenma sat in a silence for a moment, staring at each other. She studied his features, he looked more tired, most likely since they were awake for a while last night. 

"Hey." Kenma broke the silence. 

"Hi" (Y/N) smiled softly "I'm sorry, I stole your hoodie last night..." She handed it over to him, which he only stared at it. 

"It's fine. Thanks for bringing it back."

The silence returned. (Y/n) folded the hoodie and placed it on the table, her feet tapping impatiently. Why is this so awkward? Why did I come here? I could have stolen his hoodie and never left my apartment again.

"So... The internet thinks you're my girlfriend." Kenma rubbed the back of his neck as he broke the silence.

"Yeah..." She looked down "that's a little awkward."

"I mean, I can see why." Kenma looked at her eyes, which caused (Y/N) to raise a brow in confusion. Kenma's cheeks flushed "I mean, because you're very beautiful and you were really amusing last night."

(Y/N) smiled to him "thanks."

"I uh... Wanted to ask you something though." Kenma began to fiddle with a piece of string that hung from his sweater. 

"Yes?"

"Well... Because of last night, I was thinking... What if we pretended to date?"

(Y/N) stared at him, somewhat shocked at his suggestion. "You want us to pretend like we're dating?"

"Only for a few months." He took a deep breath "I won't force you to do anything you're not comfortable with, and it could help me out a lot. I would owe you big time."

She took it into consideration. Why me? She sighed "so you want to use me for your own benefit?"

"It sounds really bad when you put it like that, but yes."

"I will need to think about it." (Y/N) fixed herself up, mentally crying about the loss of the hoodie that kept her warm last night.

"Well, let me give you my number then." Kenma offered to take her phone, which hesitantly gave to him. He put his number into her phone. "You can text me if you're up for it."

(Y/N) nodded slightly, hearing as her friend announced "Lunch is ready!"