Chapter one

Sameera

I groaned for the umpteenth time at my sister. She is seriously annoying me without realizing it but in case she realized it, she is doing a good job being meretricious about it.

She has been looking at the magazine her best friend, Layla borrowed her. The magazine contains the hottest guys found and discovered by Wikipedia. She would gush over one and then turn to the next page, giggle and gesture to me saying 'he is even hotter then the last one,.

As if sensing my glare that's been directed to her, she raised up her head to look at me with her sheepish smile.

"Am I disturbing you?" She asked, looking innocent. Her innocent look is so deceiving.

I raised my eyebrows in question. "You have no idea how much you are disturbing me." I replied, eyeing her magazine.

She rolled her eyes at me and then gestured her hands to the magazine. "How can anyone not drool over this handsome men?"

I just hissed and turned to face the newspaper I was holding. I heard that they sometimes advertise job vacancies in newspaper and I am hoping to find one.

The knock on the door made me raise my head up and look at the door. I gestured for Yasmeen to go and open the door but seeing as she is too engrossed in whatever she is looking at, I stood up and went to open it.

I was met with Layla, Yasmeen's best friend. "Yasmeen your lousy friend is here." I shouted, gaining Yasmeen's attention.

Layla and I have never really gotten along and it's because of her rude and bad attitude. She glared at me before entering to meet Yasmeen. I closed the door when she entered.

She sat hugged Yasmeen and sat close to her. "So are you done with the magazine?" She asked peering at the page of the magazine.

Yasmeen shook her head. "No I am not done yet but I am almost through with it."

I sighted the newspaper where Layla sat and went over to carry it. I am to continue my research in my room because I don't want them to feel like I am intruding in their privacy.

Thirty minutes into searching, I got no luck at all. I continued searching when I heard the adhan so I stood up and stretched as I headed to the bathroom to perform ablution.

After perfoming wudu, I came out of the bathroom and leaned in to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"So this new guy asked me to go on a date with him. He is so hot, you need to see him." She gushed, silently.

"I thought you were dating Ashgar, who is this new guy again?" Yasmeen asked, perplexed.

"Ashgar is such a dumb boyfriend. He refused to go on a date with me. He claimed it's Haram." She said, anger prominent in her eyes.

I entered living room, having had enough of their boyfriend conversation.

"Yasmeen, I believe the Adhan has been called so I expect you to do the right thing." I said, straring in between the both of them.

"I am on my period." Layla chipped in quickly.

I rolled my eyes at her. Of course I should have expected her to say that. She has never prayed in our house for a reason I am yet to understand. She is a brat, there is nothing to understand about her.

Yasmeen came out of the bathroom, her face wet showing that she had performed her wudu. I spread out the payer mat horizontally for the both of us to use it.

After my salah, I walked to the kitchen to prepare lunch. The timetable clearly reads rice and chicken sauce. I continued to arrange the ingredients I was going to use to cook.