𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒

Start from the beginning

Without another word, Enji stormed passed her, not paying any attention to the tears that silently fell down her face.

Unbeknownst to the both of them, there were two people that heard the entire exchange. One being Shoto, who was listening from one end of the hall. He was on his way to the back room after his match when he heard the two talk. Touya was mentioned and he decided to listen in. Only for him to get pissed off when their own father promised to make Tomomi see the same fate as his deceased brother if she disappointed him again. Essentially meaning he will kill her.

His hands gripped his arms tighter as he could practically feel the tears he knew his sister was letting fall from her eyes. Enji treated Shoto harsh but Tomomi was always treated harsher. Especially since she was the only one in the family that didn't believe Touya was dead.

Shoto stormed away, hating his father more than he has ever did.

The second person who heard the conversation was Aizawa, who was on the other side of the hall way. He had always felt iffy about Enji for as long as he could remember. But he had no idea the relationship between his child and him was this bad. In fact, he had no idea it was bad, at all. Given the fact that they never talk about their family.

But be that as it may, it hurt like hell to hear him say such a thing to his daughter. Aizawa watched as Tomomi sped walked past him with her head down and tears falling.

He will never know what it's like to have kids. But even a guy like him knows that no father should ever treat their child like that.

Enji might be a good hero but he was a terrible person and an even more terrible father.

"Mommy, will I ever be a good hero?" Little Tomomi asked just before Rei placed her in bed. Young Fuyumi climbed into bed with her as Rei sat at the side of the bed, tucking the girls in bed.

Though the two girls had their own rooms, they often slept together in Fuyumi's room. Because Tomomi used to sneak into her room to sleep with her, no one cared anymore. So Rei would sometimes carry her into bed in Fuyumi's room.

Fuyumi never minded. She wanted to spend as much time with her sister as she possibly can before their father alienated them again.

Rei sighed, pursing her lips. Tomomi's self esteem was damaged by her husband. The daily belittling and hard treatment hurt her to the core. In her own father's eyes, Tomomi will never be good enough. She was seen as a unwelcomed surprise when Rei gave birth to the twins. But Rei saw Tomomi as her little blessing, her little miracle.

All of her children were her miracles. Her reason to live on.

"You will be a great hero, Tomomi." Rei said gently, moving a strand of her red streak from her face. Her hair was already hip length. Too long for a girl her age to manage but Enji refused to let anyone cut it.

"You can be anything you want." She continued. "No matter what your father as told you. That goes for you too, Fuyumi."

"Thank you mommy, but I don't wanna be a hero." Fuyumi mumbled, pulling Tomomi close to her. Tomomi cuddled closer to her. "All heroes turn out to be mean and bullies. I don't want to be that."

"Now, not all of them are like that." Rei countered, caressing her hair a little. "In fact, we don't know for sure. But I can assure you that many heroes are kind and never mean."

Fuyumi and Tomomi looked at her with curiosity as Rei continued on to her point. "The point is, girls, a hero isn't someone who saves the most people or who has the most fans. A hero is someone who is brave when others can't be. A hero is someone who could lead those who are looking for a leader. A hero is being someone's hope when all hope is gone. She is both graceful and fierce. Strong and soft. She keeps her head held high no matter what.