Epilogue #3: Kaminari and Jiro

Start from the beginning

She ducked down again and ran to the man and latched onto his leg. He rolled his eyes and moved slowly to where we were. He looked up at me and was about to speak but the second our eyes lined up all he did was take in a deep breath.

"Um, hi." The man behind the counter said.

"Welcome to Aizawa's cat-" a small whisper from the girl came from below and the man looked down at the girl, glaring at her little reminder.

"Hi," I said. "We would like to cuddle with some fur babies!" The man looked up and nodded at us. I pulled my eyes off him and turned to Jiro. "And drinks?" She nodded "and drinks." I confirmed with him.

He got us all set up and told us our drink would be brought to us. I lead Jiro to a spot and as soon as I sat, three cats made their way to me and fought for a place on my lap.

"Oh look," Jiro said with a wavy tone. "They like you. She said.

"Of course they do! I'm a fucking delight!" I said with a confident smirk and I heard a little snort from behind the counter and the small giggles of a little girl. Jiro huffed a laugh a bit too as she reached for a cat and held it close.

"Do you wanna talk?" I asked, opening up to the conversation I knew she needed to have.

"I just," she took a deep breath and looked anywhere but me. "If I had known this would happen I would have convinced them to leave when we had the chance."

"If any of us had known, a lot of things would have been different." I said and scratched at the back of my neck.

"I know, but maybe I could have done somethin-"

"Stop that!" I said with the most serious tone I could. "There was nothing any of us could have done! What happened to Momo and Tsu could have happened to any of us and it almost happened to all of us."

"I know, but how am I supposed to just..." she took in a shaky breath and I noticed her eyes filling with tears. "How do I just forget all of that, what we saw!"

"We won't. None of what happened to us is going away. The best we can do is move on." I said and Jiro barrows her face into the car that was happily being held in her arm.

"I don't know how to do that." She whispered.

"It's not going to be easy, and I'm sure it's hard for you with your feelings and-"

"What?" She said quickly as her eyes landed on me.

"Your...feelings?" I said wondering if I had crossed a line.

"What-what feelings?" She said and squeezed the cat with a tighter grip. I pulled her arms away from the cat ever so slightly so she wouldn't strangle it.

"You know, the feelings you had for..." I watched her eyes go wide. "Momo." She seemed to relax at my words and fall back into her chair.

"Was it that obvious?"

"Well not at first, but then there was this conversation I had with Kiri, I started to notice a few more things around the house." Jiro chuckled a bit but there was still a sadness in her voice.

"Are you talking about that panicked conversation I heard you having with him after we decided to stay?"

"Yeah that's the one!" I smiled.

"Wow, I heard some of that, it was a disaster." She said and I pouted as I fell back into my chair.

"Nothing I do can be described as a disaster!" Jiro let out a laugh at that. The sexy guy from behind the counter came and brought our drinks. I looked up smiled at him.