Chapter 4 - Female scoundrel

Start from the beginning

Su Yi walked out of the audition room, tying her hair up. When Wu Xue saw her come out, she got up and went over. Instead of asking how had it been, she'd asked, "What are we eating tonight?"

Su Yi shook her head. "You can eat with An Xuan, I'm waiting for Director Li."

"Sure."

When the two of them had left, Su Yi found a corner and sat down. She put on a mask and pulled out her phone, starting to play Anipop.

A long time later, she had broken her record twice by the time Li Min's voice sounded, "Why are you still here?"

Su Yi raised her head. The mask covered her curved lips, but her eyes had smiled into little crescents. "Looking to treat you to a meal."

"Is this a bribe?" Li Min was already forty-three, spending her years going places to direct the shows; the marks time had left on her face were particularly deep. She was a rather thrifty person too, not putting much effort into what she wore, when walking on the streets who could think that such a woman was the winner of the Treasury Awards Best Director award?

"Yeah, Director Li is the easiest person to bribe that I have met, one meal and we're done." Su Yi smiled as she drew her arm. "What are we eating?"

Li Min seriously said, "This... cannot be done without Chuan food."

The two of them went to a locally famous Chuan food restaurant. This restaurant was a small business. It had a rather small storefront, but it's food tasted really good. Between the kitchen and the hall there was only a glass wall that allowed everyone to see the process of the food being made and it was rather clean. There were plenty of people already queueing for a spot.

Su Yi took a look. It was already past eight o'clock and there were still sixty more tables to go.

Li Min said, "...How about we go somewhere else?"

The server calling out table numbers suddenly picked up a horn and asked with a strongly accented voice, "One of the private room bookings has just been cancelled, is there any customer who wants to get it?"

The people immediately answered, "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

There were too many people and the server had no idea what to do, going in to ask for directions. When the server returned, it was with a container for lots. "The boss said that a minimum spending of four hundred is required for the private room and we'll draw lots for the spot. Don't be unreasonable!"

Once this was said, the crowd dispersed quite a bit. Most of the people who came had come in twos and threes. A dish was at most thirty plus, if not forty, how much must they eat to get to four hundred?

Five minutes later, Su Yi and Li Min comfortably entered the private room.

Li Min said, "Xiao Yi, you've got pretty good luck, there's more than ten people and you still got us in."

Su Yi smiled. "Well, I'm usually unlucky when it comes to the big things, if I didn't get lucky with these small things how am I to live?"

"Hey, don't speak nonsense about this." Li Min was frowning, and then she changed the topic, "What do you think about this character, have you an idea how you intend to play this role?"

Su Yi laughed, teasingly saying, "You're really going to open the back door for me?"

"I can't even if I wish to. Don't think that just because I was sitting in there just now, I have the power to decide everything, the characters in this movie are all cast by that scriptwriter, I don't get a single say."

Su Yi took a bite of Ma Po tofu. "This dictatorial? The investors are okay with it?"

"How can they not be, do you know how many companies want this script? As far as I know, it's this number." Li Min gestured a seven. "And they're all big companies."