Chapter 6: Meeting and Forgiving

Start from the beginning

He pulled away and wiped some tears from his eyes. "Well, back when we missed the train." Oh. That. "What I said came out too harshly and I didn't mean it. I'm sorry. It was just that-"

I looked down on the pavement. "You were right, Kaminari. If I didn't call your name then you would've already been on the train with Kirishima and Bakugo. It was all thanks to me." I looked up at him, knowing now the reason why the assignment was so important to him. "You needed this, right? To get a good grade? Otherwise I wo-, I mean we, wouldn't be able to see your stupid ass around UA anymore."

The look on his face told me I was right. "When did you find that out?"

"Just now, I guess. You're not really one to care about academics. That was the conclusion I came to. Now we won't see you anymore because of me." Now I see more and more how it was my fault.

"Don't blame yourself. It's my fault because I should've stayed up in class or try harder." He gave me another hug. "Right now I'm just glad I found you." This time I hugged him back.

"Hiya! Is this your friend you were talking about?" Kaminari and I both fell back. "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Who are you? Do you know this girl Jiro?" I got nervous thinking that he might fall in love by the sight of her, but he didn't. Strange. 

"Sorry. My name is Aria Tanaka. Just call me Aria though. I like it better that way. I just met Jiro here just a little while ago."

"Yeah. Oh, and, umm, this is Kaminari. He was the person I was telling you about." That's what I told her.

"You looked sad or that you wanted to cry. Is everything alright?" Is Aria always like this too? Huh.

"Oh, umm, it was just I made a mistake in yelling and blaming Jiro. It wasn't her fault though." It looked like he was thinking about something. "So, I'm Denki Kaminari, but just call me Kaminari." He paused as if thinking about something. "You know that now. What's your quirk. I'm feeling weird right now so that's why I ask."

She smiled. "My quirk is trust. You can trust me no matter what. Comes in handy sometimes." 

"Ah. That makes sense."  He said with full understanding. 

Then I remembered something. "Hey Aria, when I saw you earlier you gave me some money. I wanted to give it back to you but you were already gone."

Aria looked at me with her wide eyes. "No, keep it. We already have some and you have almost nothing right now. Honestly, I want you to have it." Again with that smile! Dang, she sure likes to smile.

"Oh, umm, thanks. But keeping it would make me feel guilty."

"Please, it will do you much more than for my family." She stood up for a moment and asked a random question. "Are you together? Like a couple?"

Her question caught me off guard. Where did she get that idea? "W-wh-what? N-no! We're just friends." I looked to my side to reveal Kaminari shocked and turning red.

"Yeah. We're just friends."

Aria didn't look like she was pleased with our answer so she just shrugged. "Anyways, I see that you both have instruments with you. I had heard Jiro play earlier but do you?"

"Well, yeah. I'm not as good as Jiro is though. She's the best in our class. But she has been helping me learn more along with other one of our classmates. Do you play any instruments?"

"Haha yeah. I play the drums and my sister knows the keyboard and the guitar. Well, we used to. We still have them but those are one of the only things we had left." She caught us staring so quickly added, "Oh no. It's not like that. Even though it kind of is." She rubbed the back of her head. She turned her head and looked at who must have been her sister. "Anyways, I just came to see if he was your friend. Thankfully he found you. Bye now!" She turned and left.

Seeing her go I noticed that I was getting tired. "What time is it Kaminari?" 

He looked and checked the clock on his phone. "10:28 pm. Why? Are you tired?"

"Yeah I guess so." I looked up. "I tried looking up tickets or passes but I had no luck. I'm sorry." My knees were tucked inside my arms.

"Jiro, I told you to stop doing this to yourself. Look, tomorrow we will find a way. Trust me. Just get some sleep and we will worry about what we are going to do tomorrow. I'll text Kirishima or Bakugo to see if they can help us. Let us know where they're at" He got his backpack and laid in in front of me. "Use this as a pillow. It should work"

"What about you? Wha are you going to use?"

"I'll be fine. Maybe just use the floor or the wall. You just sleep the best you can and try not to worry about anything." With that I rested my head on his backpack.

"Good night Kaminari."

He looked down at me and smiled. "Good night Jiro."

 He texted Kirishima and Bakugo and started to wait for their responses. By the time they would respond it would already be early morning.