"Everything all right?" Hermione asked, looking at the older girl with worry, she hadn't seen her like that at all but Sophia didn't want to worry anyone. As a matter of fact, she didn't even know why she was being the way she was being.

"Yeah, of course. Just need a day" Sophia said leaning her head back and closing her eyes but every time she did, events of last night would flash in front of them.
"I heard what happened last night. You and Fred" Hermione continued but in a way that didn't sound like she was prying.

"Oh, yeah, that. Well, you know how Fred is" Sophia said with a slight chuckle but it was a humourless chuckle, a dismissive chuckle that even Hermione had caught on to.

"But I know how you are, too," Hermione said solemnly, looking at the girl who was sitting in the armchair as her expressions became more serious.
"It's nothing really, Mione" Sophia said reassuringly until Harry decided to flop down on the floor and Crookshanks instantly curled himself in his laps.
"Talking about last night? So, is there something going on between you and Fred then?" Harry asked Sophia who immediately sat up straightly and looked at him questioningly.
"Harry," she said incredulously, "of course not! I don't understand what makes you all think that!"

Sophia just wanted a day to relax so she had decided to go up to her dormitory to take a nap. Why would they all even think that something was going on between her and Fred? They were all acting as if they didn't know how Fred was or how she was. They hadn't even done anything as such that hinted that something was going on between them. It was just a kiss, a stupid kiss because of a stupid dare that meant nothing to either of them.

She waited till dinner was over, she followed her friends back to Gryffindor Tower to stay in the calm for an hour and a half before she had to go on for patrol duty, she was exceptionally quiet that day and so was Fred; his demeanour was calm, he wasn't tense. But Sophia could sense that it was very unlike him to be quiet or to even be in the Common Room because he would always be wandering the corridors, especially at this time, looking for a girl to snog. She shook her head slightly to get rid of the thoughts, whatever it was; it was none of her concern. It could have easily been something between him and George or him and one of the girls; there were a hundred possibilities and what she was thinking about was of the least importance.

She got up from the floor and made her way out of the portrait hole before sending all first and second years to bed. Fred's eyes immediately followed her and he took it as his cue to leave the Common Room as well. While Sophia headed to the fifth floor, he headed towards Ravenclaw Tower. When she had reached the fifth floor, there was no sign of Cedric there instead she was just alone in the dark, deserted corridor where all she had for company were her untethered thoughts and herself.
"Great" she grumbled to herself annoyedly as she continued to walk the corridor, waiting for Cedric to come. It was very unlike him, Cedric would never show such acts of irresponsibility and she knew him well enough to fulfil his duty because they were good friends, and the Gryffindors had Charms and Potions with Hufflepuff.

Fifteen minutes had already passed and there was still no sign of the Hufflepuff boy so Sophia had even given up on trying to wait for him until a loud clicking of shoes reached her ears. It was coming from the stairs and was growing louder with every step as she confusedly waited for the person to emerge and a heavily panting Graham Montague had reached the top, her expression changed from one of confusion to surprise and then to relief, at least she would have some company.
"Graham, what- where's Cedric?" she asked as he caught his breath and straightened up, holding something behind his back.
"I asked him to switch and well...his girlfriend was patrolling with me so he was okay with it" Montague shrugged and began to walk up to Sophia who knew he was talking about Cho Chang from Ravenclaw, the same girl Cedric went with to the Yule Ball.