Prologue

Against every damn odd, an eighth grade relationship actually made it all the way to college. Who would have thought? Most high school relationships fail, and I'm just thinking the people that get together junior or senior year. Freshman year relationships NEVER work. Well... I guess not never. Clearly.

Five years later, Noelle and I are still together. Yeah, there have been ups and downs. There have been moments where I really thought I would lose her, she really thought she was going to lose me, weird ass stories, sad ass stories, but despite it all we're still here. And isn't that all anyone can really ask for?

That's a lot of years to quickly sum up, but I guess I'll give it a shot. Coming out publicly was a nightmare (but who gives a shit), Noelle's dad got out of the hospital but he's not really doing the best, the Dreemurr's adopted me, I finally sucked up my act and managed to get through high school on the honor roll and took a bunch of college and AP courses so I could save money in college, I got diagnosed with PTSD and depression so I'm in therapy and on antidepressants, and Noelle and I are in college.

"Susie? Doing well in school? And in college?" you might be thinking. Listen shit-heads, you need a college degree to do ANYTHING these days. And money is a thing we all need unfortunately, soooo college.

And, yeah, I'm a law student.

Listen, it's hard and I fucking hate it but the payoff will be worth it once I get a job in the field because they can make HELLA money. And I basically skipped a year of college because I did so many AP's and college courses in high school that I got to go straight to taking major specific classes.

Noelle goes to a super expensive art school. It's prestigious as fuck. Her mom is paying for her tuition, so money was never really a problem for her. Everything else is our own money. We pay for our own food and other shit.

Even though we don't go to the same college, Noelle and I still live together. I have a fuck ton of early classes, so I live on campus and she "illegally" lives with me since she doesn't mind the drive everyday.

But yeah. The past five years have been... I dunno, hard? Weird? Never what I would have expected from my life. Who would have thought I would be a goddamn prodigy at the trombone and its non-slidey twin the baritone? And who would have ever guessed that I, Susie Dreemurr, would end up with the best job in the world? Car wash! Fucking amazing tips.

That's kinda the basic rundown. So much has happened. That doesn't even begin to scratch the surface. But... it works.

I guess that's all I have to say about that for now. So... yeah? Ok, cool. Bye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 495

Author's Note: A new era has begun. Five years have passed, and our favorite couple is still going strong. I've really missed writing from these guys' perspectives. But now, we wait.

Chapter One coming Wednesday January 27th, 20201 2:00 EST (New York Timezone).