10. Here's Trouble

CHAPTER TEN:Here's Trouble

CHAPTER TEN:
Here's Trouble

TARA STORMED OUT OF THE TROPHY ROOM AT THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY. She was confused, furious, and as much as she hated to admit it, she was a little scared. Tara couldn't understand as to why her name had been in the Goblet of Fire, and she couldn't make sense of Professor Moody claiming that she was an elemental when she'd never even spoken to the weird man. Sure, she had to sit through a few Defence Against the Dark Arts classes that he took, but it didn't make sense that he knew about her so-called powers.

How could he know about her powers if it was only herself, Cedric, and the Death Eater that she'd accidentally used them on who witnessed it? It was all too much for her to think about and she desperately wanted to either scream, punch a wall, or do something, anything, that would help to let out some of her pent up emotions.

"Tara!" she heard a voice shout from behind her and she stopped dead in her tracks. It was Cedric and while it wasn't him she was angry with, she didn't particularly want to speak to him in that moment. Tara slowly turned around to face him, a defeated expression on her face, but Cedric only smiled at her, puffing a little as he had been running to catch up with her.

"Hi, Cedric," Tara mumbled in greeting, not daring to meet his gaze.

"Did you enter?" Cedric asked nervously, immediately knowing he'd made a mistake in asking her that when she glared at him and spun back around, walking away from him. He sighed and ran to catch up with her again, standing in front of her and smiling apologetically. "Sorry, I know you didn't want to be a part of the tournament," Cedric said and Tara smiled softly.

"I just don't know how this happened and I don't know how Mad-Eye Moody knew about my so-called power! There's something off about him, I don't trust him," Tara said frustratedly, running a hand through her thick and long red hair.

"I thought that was weird too, it was only us and the Death Eater when fire suddenly started flying from your hands," Cedric said, frowning as he remembered the events of the World Cup and Tara couldn't help but smile softly at the boy standing in front of her, but the smile dropped from her face when she remembered about the Triwizard Tournament and how she was now forced to compete in it.

"Try not to worry about the tournament, Tara," Cedric said, putting a hand on her shoulder in hopes to comfort her at least a little bit, and it did.

"Yeah, I know," Tara mumbled, rubbing her forehead which was now aching from the tension she held. Cedric, not knowing what else to do, brought Tara into a warm hug, wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

Tara's breath caught in her throat for a split second, she certainly didn't expect Cedric to actually hug her, but it calmed her down and she hesitantly wrapped her arms around his torso and rested her head against his chest. She smiled when she felt him run a hand through her hair. The two stayed like that for a few minutes before Tara pulled back, sending Cedric a grin.