What Does Love Mean? - Gowther x Reader

"Y/N, do you know anything about love?" 

Gowther approached me with a straight face. I look at him with a confused look. He stood there silently, waiting for my answer. 

"Gowther, what's with the question?" I asked.

"There is a strange feeling that has been affecting me for a while," he explained.

Today, it was my turn to take care of Gowther, the Goat Sin of Lust. He is part of the Seven Deadly Sins, and he is notorious for his rather strange antics among us. He does not have any feelings according to himself, and he would occasionally use his mind-altering abilities to explore what it would be like to experience things. It became very problematic for the Sins and myself included, so all of us agreed to take turns taking care of him in Meliodas' tavern and making sure that he does not do anything dangerous while the others are gone. 

Everyone was away on their own errands today, so it's now my responsibility to take care of him.

"...Y/N is clearly not listening." 

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I spaced out..." I snapped back to reality and faced Gowther again. I thought about his question for a little while. It was strange for him to ask a question like this, did something perhaps happen?...

"If you ask me, love is... very complicated. It generally means to care for someone you really like, though!" I answered. Gowther tilted his head as if he's trying to process whatever nonsense I just said. I feel a bit uneasy about my answer and started second-guessing a bit...

"Oh, I think I said it wrong... why does he look like that? Does he not like my answer?" Gowther said my thoughts out loud. I scrunched up my face, full of annoyance that he read my mind again. This was not the first time he did this, and frankly, it was getting to everyone's nerves. Gowther doesn't seem to understand this, however. I look away and did a facepalm on myself, wondering how I was going to handle him today.

I sighed, mentally preparing myself. Gowther started to bombard me with a lot of relationship like questions, ranging from how couples act in detail to why public affection was strongly limited in public. As it was not my area of expertise, I explained everything to him in the best, most detailed manner possible. He kept going from questions after questions until he stops talking all of a sudden. He clenched his head, and it looked as if he was having a headache.

"...Gowther? What's wrong?" I asked worriedly. This was unlike him, he had never gotten a seizure like this, at least not until today. Gowther is not an ordinary being, so human treatment will not work on him. Goodness, if only I had a gist of what is happening...

"This feeling... it's acting up again..." he mumbled. Gowther was having a strange pain, and there was nothing I could do about it. I held his hand in an attempt to hopefully calm down whatever it was that was affecting him. Suddenly, he looks at me with his straight face again. He did not look as bad as before, but he seemed to have realized something the more I look at him.