Mates - Prologue

Beast Boy ended up moving in Raven's room. He would rarely leave Raven alone. And much to everyone's surprise (including Raven's), she was fine with it. She was used to it when she was still blind anyways.

At that moment, they were just talking.

"So, now that you aren't blind anymore... I can finally take you out on dates." Beast Boy said and wiggled his eyebrows at Raven.

She chuckled at his expression, "Are you asking me out?"

He raised an eyebrow, "Wait, wasn't it obvious though?"

This made Raven laugh, "It was, but a girl has to be sure. When do you want?"

He thought for a moment and grinned mishievously, "How about everyday?"

Raven playfully slapped his chest, "Don't be stupid."

He pouted, "But I want to be with you everyday!!!"

She chuckled, "Goodnight, Gar."

Now they were in bed. Raven was fast asleep snuggled into Beast Boy's chest, while he himself was wide awake surprisingly.

He thought about everything that happened and knew if he didn't eavesdrop on Raven, he would know nothing of this and she would slowly die. He smiled at the memories and was glad he got to spend time with Rae (Although he wasn't that happy the reason he got to hang with her was she was blind). He knew everything would be better now.

...

Or so he thought...

Just as he had those thoughts, he blinked and all he saw was blood red. Sitting up, he noticed he was on the ground. The place looked like it was lit up by a red light even his green skin looked red.

Nothing could be seen in sight, but a voice was there and whispered in his ear:

"Here you shall appear.
Your worth, you will show.
Face your darkest fears.
Consequences in tow."

He woke up sweating and he glanced around. He wasn't on the red tinted ground, but was beside a sleeping Raven on her bed. He was surprised she didn't wake up with being an empath and all. He stood up not bothering to go to sleep when it was already near morning.

He cooked up his usual breakfast and ate in silence on the counter. He stared at the window as he thought.

"Here you shall appear
Your worth, you will show
Face your darkest fears
Consequences in tow"

"What could it mean?"

"It means exactly what it means..."

His head jolted up as the familiar voice that left him at Tokyo spoke again.

"You..."

"Yes, me..."

"How are you back?"

"Ask the demon that set me free."

"Demon? The only demon I know is Raven."

"But our mate isn't really a demon, isn't she?"

"Right, she's just half. Then that means..."

"Trigon."

"But why?"

Then it made sense. He was so afraid he might've been the one to hurt Raven as Beast. He was afraid of him. Afraid of his dark self. His primal side.

This was his darkest fear.

──────────────────────────
┊⠀⠀┊⠀┊⠀⠀┊⠀┊⠀✿⠀⠀┊⠀⠀┊⠀┊⠀
┊⠀⠀┊⠀❀⠀⠀┊⠀┊⠀ ⠀⠀ ┊⠀⠀┊⠀┊⠀✿
❀⠀⠀┊⠀ ⠀⠀⠀✿⠀┊⠀⠀⠀❀ ⠀⠀✿⠀┊
⠀⠀ ✿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀❀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀❀

The Author has something to say:
January 4, 2021
And here we are... back to where we started.
Hope you enjoy, this is going to be a tough ride.

~Lille Ally Sato