Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11

Article

The cold shower barely works and I find my mind trailing back to the vision of him braced in the doorway. His muscular chest and stomach. His mused hair. The way his jeans hung low on his hips, hinting a light happy trail of hair leading down toward....

I wash my hair vigorously, squinting my eyes shut. The suds run down my body and i imagine that they were Fourth's hand instead, lightly caressing and exploring. Long after the soap is gone from my body, I stand under the shower and embrace the soothing feeling of the water cascading down me.

I towel myself off and get dresses, eventually deciding to blow-dry my hair a bit. I leave it a bit damp and stare at myself in the mirror. My face radiates a healthy glow and I look really happy. Giving myself one last check in the mirror and open the bathroom door. Steam and heat billow out with me, and the cool room sends goosebumps on my clean skin. It's a very comforting feeling.

When I look through the seetting steam, I see Fourth laying across the bed, leaning his upper body lazily against the cushioned headboard. He's shirtless, wearing a pair of plaid pajama bottoms. His hair is sopping wet, curling over his forehead.

Fourth hears me out but doesn't look up, turning the page of the book he's reading. From here, it looks like one of those ancient book that hotels place in drawers.

"You must've been very dirty." he said without looking up to me. I didn't make a comment on that but rolled my eyes on him.

I sit on the edge of the bed, smoothing the covers beside me to distract myself from how attractive he looks.

"Come here." a statement but obliging me to do so. Lumapit ako sa kanya nang dahan-dahan. He relaxes his head and move his arms around my body and pulling me close. I sigh and lay my head on his broad shoulder, taking in the familliar scent of him. There's atension between us and I can't keep my heart to beat normal. I try to lift the mood by kissing him lightly on the nose, and he actually laughs. Then with his thumb, he caress my face softly. His touch is so gentle and loving that my heart swoon for him more.

He continued doing that and I yawn, feeling a wave of sleepiness wash over me.

"Tired?" he ask lightly. It must from the adrenaline rush and new environment that made me tired.

"No." I say through another powerful yawn. I smile up at him, not wanting to go to sleep just yet.

"Come on, baby." he turns off the light. It's pitch-black in the large room, the pillow is so osft, and his body is so warm and solid. I feel like I'm in a heaven I didn't know existed. I try to keep my eyes open, trying to make this day las a bit longer. But it's well past 3am and my eyelids are so heavy. And this beds is so soft, and Fourth's arm is draped comfortably over my waist. He's like my personal weighted-blanket.

"Go to sleep, baby." he whispers into my hair when he senses my struggle to stay awake. "I can feel you trying tto keep your eyes open."

"We didn't brush our teeth." I say drowsly, trying to make my voice sound as awake as possible. It doesn't work.

I feel Fourth pick me up in his arms, walking through the room. He sets me down so I'm sitting on the counter of the bathroom, and I watch as he put tootpaste on my toothbrush. But when he hands it to me, I just look at it sleepily, feeling like my arm weighs a thousand pounds. My eyelids flutter shut for a few seconds, no matter how hard I try to keep them open.

When I don't  start brushing my teeth, Fourth chuckles and takes my hand in his.

"Open." he says, and I let my jaw fall open. I laugh as he starts brushing my teeth for me, but I don't object. Yung mukha nito ay talagang naka-focus sa ginagawa nito na akala mo ay exam ang kanyang ginagawa na talagang seryosong-seryoso.