16. Swimming Lessons

Start from the beginning

Spencer pulled away and looked him in the eyes, "moment complete."

He chuckled at her remark, "you are..." he said but couldn't think of a word to describe her. He looked around the room until he could find the word.

"Ethereal" he said as he rested his head towards the left.

This made Spencer grow a huge smile, she had never felt this way before.

She brought him in for another kiss.

During the kiss, Remus felt Spencer's laugh coming through.

"Why are you laughing" he asked while still kissing her.

"You're still holding me up..." she said and pulled away. "Aren't I heavy?" she asked.

Right, he thought to himself.

"No, not really" he said as he adjusted her.

"Well as much as I love this, I need to go" Spencer told him. "Can you put me down, Professor?" she asked while running her hand through his hair.

"I don't want to" he whispered in her ear.

"Tough luck" she whispered back, he groaned as he put her down.

"Did you want to talk about something?" she asked.

He looked at her, confused, "you called me in here for...?" she questioned.

"Nothing, I just wanted to kiss you" he said as he brought her in for another kiss.

"I have to go" Spencer whispered as she continued on kissing him.

"Mmh" he replied without stepping away.

"Remus"she said as she held his face, "I really have to go... I'm sorry love" she said.

"It's okay."

"Want to spend the night?" she asked Remus.

He sighed and looked the other way.

Her heart stopped.

"I- I'm sorry, you don't have to if you don't want to I mean it's just that it would be nice if-"

She quickly made herself stop talking and sighed.

She held onto his hands.

Their fingers intertwined, Spencer looked back at him.

"I understand if you don't want to" she said.

"No, no- I do it's just that-" Remus said as he looked back at her and sighed once more.

Spencer could obviously tell something was wrong, like if his brain was saying one thing and his body another.

"If I stay... I actually have to leave you by morning. I'm going on an errand for... Dumbledore" he said.

"Will Snape be covering your class then?" Spencer asked annoyingly.

"Sadly, yes darling. I expect another set of essays on werewolves but this time from 7th years" he said with a disappointed look on his face, he tried to hide it with a small laugh.

Spencer brought him in for a hug, "how long will you be gone?"

"Not sure, maybe 3-5 days."

She let go and held his face once more, "I feel like you leave every month... are you sure you're not married with kids?" she said laughingly.

He laughed at her comment but couldn't find anything to reply back.

"Will you at least sleep with me? I guess I'll be okay waking up alone" she said as she stroked his cheek.