You Chose Her

Começar do início

I grab my helmet and put it on, sighing softly.

"Hey, are you sure you're okay?" I ask softly, trying to reassure my partner.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine. Just missing the little guy is all." She says, sniffling. An obvious lie. Her biggest tell being how her eyes flickered to the right. 

"...Okay…" I say, raising a brow at her strange behavior. She turns to her controls and starts flipping switches, preparing the Crest for takeoff.

I turned to my controls and flipped some switches, messing with the toggles before we took off, jumping to hyperspace once we left the atmosphere of the planet.

"I'm gonna head downstairs… just give me a ring if you need me." (Y/N) says quietly, hopping down the ladder. I frown and turn to face the front of the ship, looking out at the warped space around us.

An idea came to mind, something that always cheered (Y/N) up. I hop down the ladder and start preparing some bone broth. Once it finished heating up, I walked over to the sleeping pod, hearing soft sobs coming from within.

"H-hey, cyar'ika… I made you some food." I say. The door opens and she looks at me.

"Please don't call me that anymore…" She whispers, looking at the bone broth.

"I'm not really hungry right now. Thanks though Din." She says, closing the hatch again. I raise a brow. 

"I'll leave this out for you, just in case." I say, placing a lid on the container before going to clean my weapons in the corner, faint sobs coming from the sleeping pod. Was Grogu's loss really hitting her this hard? I admit it hit me hard, as his surrogate father, but I've already moved through the stages of grief. I put down the blaster I was cleaning and walked over to the sleeping g pod, knocking before opening it.

"Hey, I know that Grogu is gone… but if you need to talk…" I trail off, seeing the anguish in her eyes.

"(Y-Y/N)..." I whisper, reaching up a hand to touch her face. She swats my hand away.

"Gods, why don't you just go and fawn over a picture of Cara?" She hisses before covering her mouth, her eyes wide. I take a step back, trying to process what she had just said.

"Is that what this is about? My relationship with Cara?" I ask softly. A look of shame crossed (Y/N)'s face before she looked away.

"N-no…" She stutters, her gaze flicking to the right.

"Hey, it's alright. Cara invited me to her place for a night, then later told me that she wasn't really all that into men. I helped her decide to start pursuing women… that's it. We're strictly business now." I say, removing my helmet to show her the sincerity with which I spoke.

"And? You still chose her… gods, Din. How can you be so… so dense?!" She says, pushing me out of her way as she climbed out of the sleeping pod before she cornered me.

"I fucking love you Din Djarin. How the hell have you not seen that?!" She snaps, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Yet you chose her. I've been with you since before Grogu… and you chose her." She says, jabbing a finger against my breast plate. I open my mouth to speak, only for her to hold up a hand.

"Don't! I don't want to hear any excuses! It was your choice… and you chose her." She hisses, turning around. A flare of anger went through my body as I grabbed her upper arm and turned her towards me, pinning her to the wall. I smash our lips together roughly, a little surprised when she didn't reject me. Instead, she crumpled, as if her knees gave out on her. I held her up before pulling back from the kiss.

"I love you, (Y/N)... Weren't you listening? Cara and I didn't do anything. She let me spend the night there because it was more comfortable than the Crest." I say, looking her in those gorgeous (E/C) eyes.

"R-really?" She stutters, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Yes. I've only had eyes for you since we started working together!" I say, watching as those tears fell, gracing her rosy cheeks.

"Gods… th-then why were you two so… cuddly on the hill."

"We were just hugging because of our victory. Nothing more." I say firmly, pulling (Y/N) close to me. She sobs and grips my cape in her hands.

"Well… fuck… what now?" She whispers.

"How about we get this bounty then enjoy some spotchka on Sorgan?" I ask softly. She looks up at me and smiles, nodding.

"Good. Now, cyar'ika… let's get some cuddles up in the cockpit, the hyperspace window is especially beautiful tonight." I say, joking a bit. She chuckles and nods, leading up the ladder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope y'all liked it! Any ideas for future oneshots are welcome!

Luv Y'all,
Aisy Daisy