"Weeee...just got invited to a party next weekend." Amara said quickly sending a message then placing her phone down.

"That sounds fun Mara but III..have lot's of things to get done this entire month!"

"It's at this new club that's opening up and one of my links got us vip passes. You have all the time in the world to unpack sis."

" I don't know Mara. As much as I would love to experience life a bit more I'm not the clubbing type." Myah replied really unsurre. It would be the perfect way to celebrate her new found freedom but she still had yet to get over her social anxiety. Not to mention the club will definitely be crawling with men.

" It's only one night babe. Something to welcome you to the real grown up life. Plus if you're worried about the crowd VIP is hard to get into, especially for new club openings. It won't be crowded there as much as the regular section."

" I don't know.... I'll think about it." Myah said nibbling on her straw.

The two continued to eat and enjoy each other's company. After their meal Amara and Myah parted ways and went to their separate homes.

As Myah opened the front door of her new home she immediately felt overwhelmed. The sun had gone down and it was now dark. She is all alone in this space. She hasn't been alone in years.

Her hands immediately flew up to fiddle with the pendant on her chain that Christian gifted her. He must have landed already but most likely exhausted from that long flight.

She'd expected a call by tomorrow morning. Besides they had a bit of a time difference now.

Pushing away her fears Myah flickered on the lights in her new apartment. She was happy to see that there was a home stereo with an aux cord. She quickly opened up one of her favorite albums of all time. Shea Butter baby by Ari Lennox.

" I just got a new apartment... I'm gone leave the floor wet.." the singers soulful voice wafted through her home. She dug around for some of her favorite candles to help her unwind as she began unpacking a few boxes before she called it a night.

 She dug around for some of her favorite candles to help her unwind as she began unpacking a few boxes before she called it a night

Christian rubbed his eyes as he listened to the pilot announce their arrival at his destination. Finally. It was now morning. He really endured this 20 hour flight.

He was glad that he was actually able to get some decent sleep. Long flights tend to make him extremely restless. He couldn't wait to be on the ground again.

After landing and passing through immigration Christian tried to gain service. He wanted to check up on Myah as soon as possible.

He was met outside the "Arrival"  terminal by his cousin. She looked just as he remembered her from the last time she visited his mom, her aunt back in the states.

"Oh my Chris! It's been so long, you've grown so much." April doted on him. "So tall and handsome." She smiled releasing him from the short hug.

Christian blushed and smiled.

" You must be tired and starving. I know how these long flights can be. C'mon let's get your stuff and stop for a bite to eat. I would of loved to welcome you with a home cooked dinner but I only just got off work." She explained a bit sad.

" Oh no that's completely fine. You don't have to go through all that extra work for lil old me. Whatever we get on the way is enough." Christian assured her.

The two of them got into her car as she began driving away from the busy terminal.

" My fiancé is at home. He can't wait to meet you. He has a work zoom meeting so couldn't make it here with me." She explained her fiancé's absence .

" I can't begin to tell you how grateful we are for you agreeing to do this for us. I just know the pictures will come out amazing." She continued on.

Christian didn't remember his cousin be this talkative but he didn't mind. It killed the awkward silence that would have enveloped them since he had no idea what to say to her.

" Oh I just remembered, we should stop at the bank. You can exchange your currency there. Unless you already changed it."

" Oh uh yeah I changed some monies already. I think it should be enough for the trip."

" I'm sure it would. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask us. We want you to be as comfortable as ever." She smiled.

The two of them stopped for some authentic cuisine that Christian really enjoyed. He started to get more comfortable and opened up more around her. It wasn't hard to anyways. She had this welcoming personality that made you want to talk to her.

" No way that's really cool."

" Yeah! Here is a picture of me at the top of the trail. It was intense but the view is definitely worth it." April handed her phone over to him, showing him the image of her looking out at a beautiful mountain top scenery.

" It looks amazing." Christian smiled. He suddenly remembered that he wanted to check in on Myah. He was worried that she possibly worked herself into an anxiety attack.

"Hey uh is there anyway I can get a sim card around here. I wanna check in on my roommate back home."

" Oh sure! We can get you set up with service on our way home. There's a store who sells everything you need."

Christian smiled in response.

The two of them finished up their food. April ordered something to take home to her fiancé as well.

On their way back they stopped at a cell service store and Christian was able to finally get service to text Myah.

He decided to call her when he was in a more private setting. He texted her on their way to April's home and even when they finally arrived he had not received a response from her as yet. It was nothing to get worked up about. She was most likely busy.

Christian was greeted by Lewis, April's fiancé by the door. He enveloped him in a tight hug. The man seemed very excited to meet him.

" I hope the flight didn't do too much damage?" He said helping Chris carry his bags inside.

"Ah no, no it was actually very comfortable." Chris replied.

"Come let me show you to your room." April said guiding him to the hallway.

Finally in his room for the duration of his stay Chris took out his laptop and devices so he can charge them. He checked his phone to see that Myah still hasn't replied to his text. He decided to call her.

The phone rang on in his ears over six times until it went to her voice mail.
Frowning at his phone he decided to call her again. It resulted in the same thing.

This wasn't like her. She always answered his calls. Maybe she was at the therapist? He thought to himself. He didn't really keep track of her schedule so it could most likely be why she wasn't picking up. She worked from home so that means she was always home.

He placed his phone on the charger after comforting himself with the idea of her being in one of her sessions. She'll call back as soon as she got the chance to.

Christian took a well needed shower and decided to rest his body for a while. He had a few photoshoot ideas he wanted to run by the couple before the wedding day so he would go down and meet with them later. The jetlag was beginning to set in.

I just published chapter one to another story I'm writing. Go check it out if you want to. It's called Claiming his Jewel on my account. Thank you in advance.