"I haven't changed," I remark, nudging his side. He laughs, although there is something cold about it.

"He's been sucking all the life from you. I want you to know how much I care for you," Lev tells me. The sincerity of his voice hits me, making me nervous. Hearing that Lev cares about me would have never bothered me a year ago. Since living together that has changed. "I notice these things you know."

I smile, letting him know that I appreciate how much he cares about me. Having no family around means I need someone like Leven.

"Shall we go out to dinner?" I ask.

"Sounds wonderful," he murmurs. I trust that Lev and I can have a good time over the next few days here in the Passion Pack. What could possible happen here, when we are so far from where our lives are situated? Cian can still get to me, although it seems he wants me out of this forever.

I need to not think about him right now...As hard as that is.

***

Evening here in the Passion Pack is just as impressive as sunset.

The sun has fallen beyond the horizon, casting the world in dark shadows, broken only by the lamplights and glow coming from storefront windows. Lev and I have decided to walk along the boardwalk that frames the shoreline, looking for a place to eat. The weather is calm and balmy, allowing me to wear only a dress, which is rare for me living in the spring like weather of the Harmony Pack.

"What if we moved here?" Lev asked, drawing my attention away from where I was admiring the sea, the way the moonlight glitters across the waves.

"What? No way..."

"The bookstore is doing well, so I was thinking of expanding the business. It's what my family wants," he admits. I blink, confused. Lev has never spoken to me about that before, and yet here he is, sounding as though he has already made his mind up.

"Expanding is a good idea, but shouldn't you stay within the Harmony Pack?" I ask.

Visiting here is wonderful, yet the idea of staying so far away from home is frightening. Does Leven truly think we can manage just us, alone out here? I may not want to keep my job at the mental facility, but I can't imagine trying from the start all the way over here, as beautiful as it is.

"I don't think I need to follow any rules," Lev says with a shrug, grinning at me. Under the moonlight he looks so youthful, golden waves close to white in colour. I forget how handsome he is at times. I try not to think about it.

"I'll be sad, if you go," I comment, knowing how much it would hurt if I stayed behind and he left.

"I would want you to come with me, of course," he exclaims, sounding confused as to why it may not be obvious. He wouldn't leave me behind. "You could work in the bookstore, or I could pay for everything."

"Leven," I scold. "I don't want anyone paying anything for me. I'm completely capable of that on my own."

He pauses, grabbing a hold of my hand. People pass by, looking at us strangely. There's a sense of desperation in Lev's eyes that I don't miss. I know he is my best friend, yet I can hardly believe that he expects me to pick up my entire life to move away from the Harmony Pack. I don't even know anyone here.

"Then work for me," he offers.

"You know how I feel about that..." I say, not wanting to hurt his feelings. Right now, I need to sort out what is happening with my job, whether I am quitting or not. And what if working with Lev ruins our friendship? I couldn't bear for that to happen.