For the most part we were silent, aside from the occasional attempt at small talk and there was some obvious tension in the room so I excused myself to the bathroom to get dressed.

I changed into my gorgeous dress and decided to fix my hair and put on a bit of make up.

Once I stepped out of the bathroom I was greeted with many a gasp

"Oh my god Hermione." Ginny said with her hand over her mouth, "You look gorgeous." I giggled slightly.

"Thank you, as do you by the way. Your dress is breathtaking!" I looked her up and down and took in her light blue dress which complimented her gorgeous red hair beautifully.

 Your dress is breathtaking!" I looked her up and down and took in her light blue dress which complimented her gorgeous red hair beautifully

Then came the awkward silence again.

Luna was getting dressed in her bathroom still so it was just me and Ginny waiting in the main lounge area. We sat there for a couple minutes before she said, "Look, Hermione. I hate this. I hate that this is awkward now. I truly do. I don't know why you became distant to us but that's none of my business, I just want us to be ok again. You remember? Hermione and Ginny? The best of friends?" I was silent and took in everything she said, then a tear escaped my eye. Ginny came over and brushed my tear away, attempting to keep my make up in tact.

"Ginny, I'm so incredibly sorry. I- I just." I broke down in tears and she took me into a hug.

"Shhhh it's ok, it's ok." She began to rub my back to comfort me, "I forgive you." Ginny whispered into my ear.

After a while, I began to calm down and fixed my make up just in time for the ball.

Luna was wearing a very... interesting dress, but none of us were surprised at that anymore.

 Thought it was a bit strange, it was also beautiful at the same time

Thought it was a bit strange, it was also beautiful at the same time. A bit like Luna herself.
_______________________________

We all walked down to the ballroom with our arms linked together and we were one of the first ones to arrive.

We stood together and talked for a bit before the music began. Ginny walked up to me and asked like a gentleman if I would care to dance and I obviously couldn't refuse, so Ginny and I waltzed and laughed together like we used to.

Once more people began to flood the room we both became a bit embarrassed so stopped our foolish dancing to go and get a couple of fire-whiskeys for the three of us.

A short while later, Harry came to take Ginny away to dance with him. We shared an awkward smile and hello before he took her to the dance floor. I began to look around the room. I saw Ronald dancing with Lavender, Luna dancing with Neville and Fred and George dancing with each other, leaving an unhappy Angelina on the side. I chuckled to myself. Classic twins. I thought.

For the first time that week, I had a genuine smile on my face but unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.

"I have to say Granger. I think green is your colour."

I completely froze.

I could recognise that voice anywhere. That disgusting voice that would spit the words mudblood and filth in my face.

Draco Lucius Malfoy.

-1196
_______________________________

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter once again. I think my uploading plan id going to be 2-3 chapters a week hopefully. Worst case scenario I upload once a week depending on how long I want my chapters to be but I think for now, this is an ok length. Let me know what you think! Have an amazing day!