Chapter Seventeen: Perseverence

Start from the beginning

"Not sure... Give me a second."

She cast a wary glance in their direction, making eye contact with the trooper that had grabbed her. The other one had his back turned to her and was murmuring into a comlink on his wrist.

"He says to put her in a cell."

The large stormtrooper bore down with a dark gaze in her direction, causing Thell to shudder.

"With pleasure."

They hoisted her to her feet, shoving her forward to walk at their arm's length. Thell hissed, limping with the pain laced up her thigh. She knew she couldn't beat them, not in her state. But she could fight back, show them she wasn't giving up while knowing that Grogu was still out there. Probably scared, alone. And Din. She couldn't imagine how he was feeling right now.

So as soon as they made their way to another holding cell, she threw her shoulder against the trooper, stomping down as hard as she could with her good leg in between his shin and foot. He groaned, shouting a string of curses and shoving her against the wall. Her chin caught steel and blood exploded under her tongue, making her whimper.

"Insolent girl," he growled behind her, grabbing her by her shackles and shoving her into the room. It looked like her old holding cell, except their was a stormtrooper in black armor on the other side of the room, surrounded by a wall of various objects. Thell could barely get a good glimpse before she was shoved sideways, face to face with another man in grey. He was older than the last man she had seen, smoothed back white hair and dark glasses resting on his nose.

"Name?" He asked slowly, peering at her with narrowed eyes.

Thell stared back, surprised by the sudden pleasantries. "Thell."

"Miss Thell, you are aware that you have been harboring a wanted persons with your colleague, the Mandalorian."

Hearing his title on his lips made her squirm with anger. "He's just a child."

The man stepped closer, long grey suit dragging behind him. "A very powerful child, but I assume you already know that. He tends to only display his abilities in front of those he feels safe around... Do you know of his whereabouts since your escape?"

Thell blinked, wondering what she would say. She could lie, say that he had escaped before her, but she truly didn't know where he was.

"No," she bit back.

"Hm," the man grumbled, his shoulders rising with a heavy breath. He paced the room, running gloved fingers over the weapons and tools surrounding the black stormtrooper.

"What do you suggest, admiral?" The trooper holding her back asked.

The man held up a single knife, twirling it between her fingers and causing it to gleam in the white lights.

"Make her scream. The child cares about her. Maybe the kid will come running along to save her like last time, and save us all the trouble of running around."

Thell's entire body went rigid, and she felt the way her blood chilled to ice. She stumbled across the smooth flooring and the tense grip of the trooper behind her.

"W-Wait, please!" Thell begged. "I-I can do something else. I'll give you everything... my vambraces, their made from Beskar, they're worth a lot of credits. Please!"

The admiral scoffed. "You think I care about something as measly as Beskar? Moff Gideon has been searching for that child for a long time. You're quite a foolish girl. I'm surprised you lasted this long with the Mandalorian. I was led to believe that he didn't care about anyone but himself."