𝟬𝟬𝟵

THE STARS HAD DOOMED YOUR RELATIONSHIP

THE STARS HAD DOOMED YOUR RELATIONSHIP. Suddenly, star-crossed lovers did not seem like such a beautiful thing. No, it seemed like the very thing you had sworn to avoid once in your vows with Lawliet. But Light was not Lawliet, thus such things did not apply to you, right? Even if you and Lawliet had sworn to each other to never cross the stars, you and Light were different. 

But was it not obvious?

Realisation came creeping up on you. 

Light was a killer. 

And you were lonely. 

But he had not killed you yet. Was he only using you to get closer to Lawliet? Or did he actually love you? Did he actually wish to spend infinity with you? To take your hand and lead you across the cosmos?

You sit alone on his bed. 

He had gone to school. 

It does not make sense. 

Nothing about him makes sense. 

Of course, you are smart, and you know what you are speaking about. 

Light might've been attracted to that. He did not know of your connection to Lawliet. That means he wasn't using you. . . right? He can't be using you for something he doesn't know. 

Unless he is well aware of your connection to Lawliet. 

Unless he's well aware you and Lawliet were once a thing. 

If so, you pity him. 

For Light is not aware that Lawliet would do anything to solve this case. 

Even if it means sacrificing you. 

Perhaps that's what he's doing. 

You're nothing more than a tool to his victory. 

But you can't let him die. . . can you? Light had done so much for you already. 

But so had Lawliet. . .

One had to die. 

You know that.

You're torn between two choices, not knowing which one to take. 

Throwing yourself back onto the bed, you exhale a sigh. 

Dear, what are you supposed to do?