"Y-Yeah I'm glad I have you guys.." he laughed, covering his face in embarrassment.

"Guess we have no choice then" Toast stood up with one hand on his hip, the other pointed forward towards the infinitely big universe outside his window, his cyan space suit looking almost dark blue as a shadow fell over him.

"Let's go deliver that pizza!" They all cheered and began prepping for takeoff.
____________________________________
While the rest of the team was off manning the ship, Sykkuno retreated back to his favorite area of their home, the industrial kitchen. Not only do they deliver the pizza but they also make it just as the customer requests. Sykkuno makes all of their pizzas from scratch, most of the ingredients come from his garden which takes up about half of the kitchen. He hums to himself while making the sauce, turning on the radio to drown out the monotony to hear a song sung by an impressively deep voice. Sykkuno listened awhile, eventually singing along quietly to himself.
-I'm not okay, I'm not okay
What's the point? I'm not okay

The radio dj lady's voice was crass against the soft melody of the song that just ended,

"And that was agoraphobic by an anonymous artist, join us tomorrow for some more songs from that lovely artist who we still haven't figured out the name of. But fear not listeners! We're on the case" she chuckled and announced the next song but the young chef had stopped listening by then, the mystery of the anonymous artist consuming his thoughts. Even though that man's voice was raspy and deep, it still made Sykkuno feel warm and fuzzy inside.

"Sykkuno, are you almost done with the Duchess and Duke's order?" Toast asked over the intercom which Sykkuno raced over to, to reply

"Yes sir, just needs to bake in the oven for about half an hour now" He replied with a smile, still thinking about Agoraphobic. The quiet sizzling and the smell of mozzarella filled the room, scenting the whole ship a warm pizza smell. Sykkuno's green space suit was beginning to become too stuffy so he removed it with some effort and plopped onto one of the smooth black barstools at their dining area table. I'm only his shorts and a green t-shirt, Sykkuno spun around to face the sweeping glass wall that revealed the beauty of the universe. The reason why he decided to follow his friends and become part of their pizza delivery team,

Space.

Stars.

The glory and fear of the ever expanding universe.

Something caught the corner of his eye, a small blip in the shape and color of the universe, almost like a ripple in time. He stalked over to the window and squinted into the distance, hands pressed to the glass.

"Is that...?"

He suddenly sprinted down the corridor, orange lights behind him. The tan metal and rivets a blur in his peripheral vision. Leslie passed him in the hall, her faced confused,

"Sykkuno what's-"

"Leslie...I need you to fetch my space suit from the kitchen... and check on the pizza" he interrupted out of breath

"O-Okay?" She shook her head with a chuckle and jogged down from the hallway the way he came. Sykkuno skidded to a stop right next to his and Toast's chairs in the center of the main control room, at the nose of the ship which was designed somewhat like a bubble and less like an arrow head how other ships were designed. Theirs isn't military grade so they have no need for sleek or scary looking spacecrafts. Toast had let go from the steering column and was scrolling through his mini-pad (a cellphone that looks like a rectangular piece of glass) , a shadow standing over him caused him to jump as he saw Sykkuno behind him with a worried frown.

"Jesus. You scared me, what's wrong Sykkuni? Did the pizza burn or something?"

"Toast I think I saw something in the window of the dining area, you should check the gamma radar to make sure that we're safe"

"Okay but I think you're just paranoid, just because we're approaching Pirate territory doesn't mean that everyone around us is a pirate. It's probably just air traffic" Toast chuckled, not fully believing him. He motioned for Poki to pull up the radar on the center console, by now everyone was gathered back in the main room as well as the freshly baked pizza. Poki was using her finger to zoom in and scroll out around the ship but could only see asteroids.

"I'm not really seeing anything Toast, mostly just micro-asteroids and small debris" Rae explained as she pointed out the different spots on the map. Sykkuno got red in the face, thinking he was wasting everyone's time.

"I-I'm sorry I really thought that I saw something-" Rae was about to respond when a deafening crash and a horrible scraping sound made them cover their ears and brace for impact.

"What the hell?!" Poki screamed and raced over to check the ships vitals but everything was jammed.

"We hit something!" Leslie was looking out the window at the damage, Sykkuno sat next to Toast and helped him steady the ship, rapidly increasing speed to get away from whatever hit them.

The universe around them lit up with a stark purple glow followed by a hollow whine

"Blaster fire detected captain! We're taking no damage yet but I wouldn't count on it! What's your order?!" Poki yelled over the sound of various debris and obstacles hitting the ship

"Damn, alright Leslie I want you on guns, shoot anything that appears to be attacking but be cautious of what rocks you're shooting at, some could react badly. Poki give me constant status updates on the integrity of the ship. Rae check comms and local networks for news on recent Pirate raids, see who's after us. And Sykkuno I need you to be my other set of eyes and hands"

"Yes sir!" They all echoed back.
____________________________________
For the next hour they inch closer to their destination but are still being perused by an unknown entity,

"It-It's the King of Thieves....Toast its Corpse who's following us!" Rae exclaims in fear and glances over at her captain who is sweating from concentration, he swears and frowns but doesn't take his eyes off the vast void in front of him.
"Poki how long until we reach the other side of the territory?"

"Approximately one hour sir" she sighs and flips through channels of code and her fingers fly across the keys.

BANG!

"Wha-" Toast sputters. A sleek, ginormous black spacecraft appears suddenly behind them, followed by the smaller gray ships who were firing at them earlier.

"They just hyper jumped to catch up with us we can't outrun them Toast.." Sykkuno's voice was was soft and sad, reflecting the mood in the room.
____________________________________
To be continued....

Thank you to for reading the first part of space pirates :)
I hope that you enjoyed it and there will definitely be more to come, I also hope that it made you laugh because I wanted to add in some comedy. The idea of the crew being pizza delivery drivers came to me because I was hungry lol.

Have a lovely day and keep being beautiful!!

Sincerely your author,
-Opal🌟