12

I don't know what I was thinking. Wait, yes, I do- I wasn't thinking. At all, apparently. What if he really was upset with me about something and I come and do this shit? I sighed, grabbing my phone and taking it off of Airplane mode, seeing I had a few missed calls: mainly from Wilbur and an unknown number. I had a few texts from Wilbur, too. Maybe that meant he wasn't mad at me... Well, I guess we'd find out, right?

          I knew this address like the back of my hand, mainly because whenever I'd send a package to him, I'd double-check at least a dozen times that it was right before I sent it. He always told me to stop asking because he was certain that I had it right because I always did, according to him. We just have to hope I'm right this time, too.

          I was hesitant to knock on the door. I didn't tell him I was coming. I only told Carson (and Eret, of course) where I was actually going. I mean, I'd only be gone for a little less than a week. I took a deep breath before finally knocking on Wilbur's door. 

          When it opened, though, it wasn't Wilbur. It was Niki.

          "Vee? I.. What are you doing here?" she asked, obviously confused and surprised to see me. I was confused and surprised to see her as well.

          Instead of questioning it, I gave her a smile. "Hey, Niki. Is Wilbur around?"

          "Um... no. I'm housesitting for him, actually. I'm not sure when he'll be back."

          I tilted my head, slightly more confused. "Do you... know where he went?"

          She shook her head. "I just know that he got on a plane maybe half an hour ago..."

          Fuck.

          "Oh, uh. Alright," I chuckled nervously, not sure what to do now.

          Niki bit her lip, obviously not quite sure what to do with me either. "Do you wanna come in? I- I don't think Wil would mind-"

          I looked up at her. "Uh, sure."

          "Don't you live in America, Vee? What're you doing here?" Niki asked, getting out of the doorway to let me in. 

          I chuckled softly, walking in. She shut the door behind me as I spoke to her. "Uh, yeah. I came to surprise Wil. Seems that didn't end too well, though." 

          I said the last bit quieter than the rest. I wasn't mad that he wasn't here. I was mad at myself for making this dumb, impulse decision that didn't even work out in the end. 

          My thoughts were quickly interrupted by my phone buzzing in my pocket. It was a Discord call. I sighed playfully, shaking my head when I saw who it was... Telling Niki I'd be right back, I walked out of the living room and answered the phone.

          "Holy shit! Thank God, you're alive," Tommy spoke quickly. "We thought you died or something- Are you alright?"

          "Yeah, yeah, I'm good. Wait- you guys thought I died?" 

          Tommy laughed a bit. "Well, yeah! Your calls went straight to voicemail and texts stayed undelievered- Wilbur was freaking out."

          I gave a small smile, even if he couldn't see me. "I was just on a plane. Speaking of planes, um, do you know where Wilbur went? Niki said he left for the airport a bit ago-"

          "What? You were on a plane?"

          "Uh, yeah?" I giggled. "Is it that hard to believe?"

          He sounded nervous. "Where did you go?" he asked. "Like, where are you now?"

          "Um. I'm in the UK, actually. At Wil's."

          "You've got to be shitting me right now," Tommy mumbled. "Are you kidding?"

          I shook my head, confused, before I remembered that he couldn't see me. "No, I'm not kidding. I flew up to surprise Wil, but I probably should've ran it by him first. He's not even here."

          That was when I heard Tommy go into a vocal, repeated panic. He did his whole nervous laugh and stutter thing you'd normally see on stream... He obviously knew something that I didn't.

          "Tommy," I mumbled. "Where's Wilbur?"

          He let out a huge breath. He must have had his hand over his mouth or something because the next things he said were muffled. "He went to America to talk you out of moving in with Carson."

          I was taken aback by what he said. "What? I- How does he even know about that?"

          "He was streaming with Schlatt and Carson. Carson let something about it slip, I guess, and then he talked to me and Tubbo and Phil and Techno about it, all upset and confused- And when your phone wasn't letting us contact you, he..." Tommy paused. "He went to America. I told him not to! But he was scared-"

          "Scared of what?" I chuckled.

          "Of losing you again."

          And as soon as he said that, I knew he wasn't lying. 

a / n  - Y'ALL I'M SORRY I DIDN'T THINK Y'ALL WOULD THINK SHE DIED LMAOOO