Chapter 15

Dean rushed to my side and untied me before pulling my body into his; in a bone crushing hug. He made sure to hold onto me tightly, scared that he might lose me. "What the hell was that?" Castiel angrily asked, breaking the silence. We pulled away as Dean turned to his best friend. "Relax Cas," Dean sighed.

"Relax? You just handed over the only leverage we had on him!" The anger in Castiel's eyes grew and I've never seen this in him before. Mainly because I haven't known him for very long. We're still getting to know each other.

"Yes because that was a decoy. The real book is still hidden safely in my safe." Dean assured not just Cas but everyone.

"I'm surprised he bought that whole thing," Sam started. Dean nodded as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him. "Me too, that's why we have to be prepared for when he returns. And I've gotta keep you safe," Dean turned his attention to me. I only smiled slightly while resting my head on his chest.

"Who is Amara?" I asked, stepping away from Dean. His face fell as Sam left the room with a smirk on his face. It seemed like Cas and Jack knew to leave to, which just left Dean and I staring at each other. "Chuck said you two had a thing." I told him.

"We did not have a thing, she's his sister and had a thing for me. I promise there is nothing to be worried about. I'm all yours." He smiled while wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I wasn't worried but thanks." I smirked while wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer to me. His lips brushed against mine as his eyes darted from my eyes down to my lips then back into my eyes. "You don't know how much I want to kiss you right now." He whispered as his grip on my waist got tighter. 

"What's stopping you?" I raised a playful eyebrow. He smirked before closing the space between us by placing his soft lips on mine. He kissed me as if his life depended on it, like he's wanted this his whole life. I pulled him closer trying to deepen the kiss and he loved that. The longer we kissed the more heated it got. My hands gripped his shirt tightly as I tried pulling it up but he stopped me.

He pulled away from me completely causing my heart to drop. Clearly we weren't ready for that and I'm over here making things worse. "McKenzie I'm sorry we can't do that," he let out. It broke my heart and he noticed the saddened look on my face.

"No sweetheart no," he cupped my cheeks in his hands. "Of course I want to do that with you but you're worth the best and I want our first time together to be right, perfect." He told me. A small smile appeared on my face and I nodded my head yes.

"I want it to be perfect too." I agreed.

"How about this, you and me go out tomorrow night and we'll see where the night takes us." He said and I nodded with a happy smile on my face. He rested his forehead on mine and let out a sigh. His hands moved down to rest on my waist while he stared into my eyes. "I'm so happy we met," he mumbled more to himself than to me.

"Me too baby." I said before kissing him softly then pulling away. I'm actually really excited to spend some alone time with Dean tomorrow night and away from our hectic lives. He has somehow managed to capture my heart and I'm definitely not complaining. I know I'm still young but when I imagined who I'd spend my days with, I wasn't expecting anyone as amazing as him.

"Sam and I are gonna go get dinner, then maybe after we eat you and I can spend the night watching movies and cuddling," he grinned. I smiled.

"Sounds perfect." I agreed. He gave me a quick kiss before going to find Sam and leaving. While they were gone I found Castiel sitting in the kitchen talking to someone on the phone. I decided not to be rude and let him finish his conversation before I entered the room. "Hey Cas," I smiled after he hung up.

"Hi McKenzie, how are you after the whole Chuck thing?" He asked. I sat down next to him and sighed.

"I'm good thank you. Just a little shaken up I guess. He looks nothing like I pictured him to be."

"Believe it or not everyone that meets him says that. Dean said he didn't expect him to look like such a hippie." He told me and it made me bust out laughing. Cas smiled and looked down at his black phone screen.

"Everything okay?" I asked. He nodded his head and stood up.

"I'm going to check on Jack." He said before excusing himself. I wonder if Cas is upset about Dean giving Chuck a fake book. Or does he blame me for this? He can't though, Castiel doesn't seem like the petty type. I sighed and rested my head on my hands. I'm just ready for Sam and Dean to come back with some food.

Today seemed kind of crazy, which is another reason I'm ready for it to end. Soon the guys came back and we all sat together for the first time in a while. "Chill out Dean, that burger is not going anywhere." Sam smirked as Dean practically inhaled it.

"You got ketchup on your shirt," Jack said while pointing to Dean's now dirty shirt. I smirked at my messy boyfriend. He shrugged not really caring and continued to eat. Honestly I'm still heartbroken about my fathers death but I'm sure he'd be happy I'm with such an incredible group of people. I know I am.