"Yeah," I smiled convincingly.

She thought for a moment.

"There are rumors about my free sessions, and the hospital staff are not very fond of it. So, we can conduct it here, only if he's fine with it." She replied.

"He'll be fine with it, and thank you, mom!" I squealed cheerfully and hugged her tightly.

"Woahh woah! What's with you anyway?" She asked me suspiciously.

Oh.

"The happiness in helping somebody can't be described in words, mom." I replied.

"Fine. If you say so." She wasn't completely buying, my philosophical excuse.

"When can Vincent attend his first session?" I quickly asked.

"So, he's got a name! I thought it was Mr. Classmate or something like that." She teased me.

Now, I realise why Emil is so sassy.

"Oh, mom!"

"Fine. I figured that his case couldn't be postponed, so ask him to come over tomorrow. His sessions could be thrice a week from 4 to 5pm." Saying so, she took her work journal and scribbled something in it.

"Okie dokie." I said and turned to leave.

When I opened the door I heard, "Some special classmate, I see."

No way. Was it that obvious?

I did not dare to turn back and left the room in a hurry.

She was right. Again.

.

*

.

Flashback :

"Where're you going?" I asked Vincent as he strode towards his car.

"To my pathetic excuse of a home." He replied as he got in the car.

"Oh. Are you  going to school today?"

Because I was sure that I won't make it to school on time and so would he.

"No." He coldly said and put the key in the ignition, bringing his car to life.

"Well,..  you won't try anything else, right?" I asked with uncertainty.

"Well,.. you'll know it tomorrow." He mocked my voice.

"No, Vincent, you promised me that you won't,"  I trailed off.

"I don't remember, making a promise, though -" I frowned sadly as he said this, "But I did agree to give a try."

I sighed in relief.

"How am I going to inform you about the meeting with my mom?" I asked him.

"I can't believe that I'm doing this." He muttered under his breath.

"Where're you going to take down my number, anyways?" He asked me.

"It's fine, I'll remember it." I reasoned.

"No wonder of why you're so smart." He said to himself, but luckily, I caught his compliment. "At studies." He added when he realised that I heard it.

It is still a compliment, though.

"It's 7236829761." He speedily said and gave me a challenging look.

"Okay, got it." I replied, and he gave me an annoyed look.

When I realised that he was gonna start driving, I quickly said, "Bye Vincent!" I gave him an enthusiastic wave.

He rolled his eyes and drifted away away in his car.

"723-682-9761." I mumbled as his car couldn't be seen anymore.

*
*
.

I smiled to myself as I recalled our encounter this early morning.

I guess I should call and inform him about the sessions timing.

Yeah, right.

I quickly dialed his phone number, which I've been repeating again and again, more than any mathematics equation I've ever learned.

"The person you're trying to call is currently not responding. Please try again later." A monotonous female voice said from the other side of the call.

Well,  I was not going to give up on him. Ever.

After about five more times, the person finally received my call.

"Oh, so you were not joking about the counseling thing and stuff?" Vincent asked with what I guess was amusement.

"No. Why would I? Uh- Leave it." I replied.

"My phone was on silent mode. That's why I couldn't pick up. . . earlier."

Was his tone apologetic?

"And no, I'm not apologising for that." He added quickly.

It's okay, Vincent. It's okay.

Then I heard my mom calling me to have breakfast.

"Well, did you have breakfast, Vincent?" I blurted.

"What are you, now? My mother?" He said in an irritated voice. I was silent as I didn't know what else to say, "I did."

"Huh?" I asked cluelessly.

"Oh God! This human. I said that I did have breakfast, my mother." He replied.

I smiled like an idiot. Good thing that he can't see me.

"Okay, I called to inform you that my mom has arranged a meeting tomorrow and the sessions will be thrice a week from 4 to 5 in the evening. So, how does that sound?" I asked.

"Hmm, that's fine, I guess. So, I have to come over tomorrow." He mumbled the last part to himself, I think.

"Yeah. I'll text my address. Alright?"

"Hmm." This was Vincent's favorite reply, now.

"Okay, Vincent, bye." I cooed.

"Uh, whatever." He mumbled again and hung up.

Apparently, this was his language of saying, 'Bye Emily.'

I totally understood it, Vincent. I do.